RDL Trail Report 1/9/13

mikerider

Everything in Rimouski & Riviera Du Loup area just turned up red (closed) on the FCMQ trail report site. Driving west from RDL first 40 miles mostly bare ground. Also streams have water on top of ice. Just stopped in Montgamy, looks fair. mike

Mike - Where are you heading . . . my group might load up and trailer somewhere else, just not sure where to send them . . . Valin or St Michelle???

I think we might have met your crew between armstrong and St martin yesterday mid day; RR

Snopro, I landed in Jonquiere at the Delta. Not riding tonight, but looks like the crew left for a ride. It does look promising, and getting cold. Saw sleds riding while driving thru the park on the way up.

Mike,

Planning on coming up to Hotel Universal on Sunday Jan. 20th to ride for a week. Any info you could provide on the latest trail conditions would be appreciated. I see today that they changed the trail report for Bas St Laurent from green/good to yellow/limited. You probably don't remember me but we rode together a few years ago with Saguenay Bill out of Jonquiere.Thanks John Wood

Good Morning,

I'm planning a trip to RDL to ride day loops out of Hotel Universal for a week. I was hoping someone could give me an accurate trail conditions report....Thanks

Hi Spectre

I could be wrong...there are members that will know better than me, but I think that area is nearly closed since the rain. If this snow storm comes this weekend maybe not....but today I am pretty sure you should pick a different location, or wait a week.

Just looking for where I read it, but even the trail report doesn't look good. http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClubConditions?lg=fr&page=sen&cid=34

linda

Thanks much Linda. I was starting to come to that conclusion.

Ian from Monster Performance is looking for a riding partner, you are both in New York, get your butts in a truck and get up to Quebec!!

Well the report from yesterday - they are done, trails are terrible and they are getting a ride back to the truck from St Pascal (2.5 hours) from the groomer driver at the Relais! They ran into a lot of dirt - trails are very thin at best! Lots of overheating, 3 skis have holes worn all the way through and it sounds like everyone needs hyfax.

DirtTrail_zps0b74eed8.jpg

As of right now I would say find a different area. They need snow first several miles around hotel, and at least several inches of snow elsewhere to mix in with the current cement that is on the ground. Very possible also that signs stuck in the snow have toppled over. mike