2013 Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Let home at 4:45 AM today. Arrived in Paradise at 12:45. Took me an exra hour to come up 175 from the Petro Canada. 175 was not good from the PC to KM 190. It was snowing and the wind was blowing real hard. The wind was blowing my trailer as if it was a leaf, 30-35MPH was tops I could drive. But it's all part of the adventure. Quebec City has alot of snow. I'll know more about here tomorrow about here but it doesn't look to bad. About an hour after I got here farmerold drove in. Tonight two friends from PA came in on sleds from QCity. They said 23 had about 8" of fresh snow on it.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let home at 4:45 AM today. Arrived in Paradise at 12:45. Took me an exra hour to come up 175 from the Petro Canada. 175 was not good from the PC to KM 190. It was snowing and the wind was blowing real hard. The wind was blowing my trailer as if it was a leaf, 30-35MPH was tops I could drive. But it's all part of the adventure. Quebec City has alot of snow. I'll know more about here tomorrow about here but it doesn't look to bad. About an hour after I got here farmerold drove in. Tonight two friends from PA came in on sleds from QCity. They said 23 had about 8" of fresh snow on it.

Bill... glad to see you're back in Jonquière. Have a great season and maybe I'll see you in february at the DS depending on our itinary.

Bill. Keep living the dream!!!

Today farmerold and I did the "Tour du Lac-St-Jean. 240 miles. Trails were decent but alot of small changes to them. If you are going to do it go into St Andre and St Francis de Sales. Stay away from Desbiens and Chambord. They have changed trails and like all new trails thru the woods they can be rough.

Today farmerold and I got off to a late start as it was misting and then we helped out "The Jersey Boys" who needed to go to Spence's, Rode 165 miles. We think every person who owned a snowmobile rode down to the Bouleauniere TWICE.. 383 was beat for that 12 miles. Rest of trails were decent. 383 was strane east of Ferland. When we crossed the small wooden bridge east Ferland the trail hadn't been groomed but had tracks on it. We decided to continue on and then about 3 miles from the bridge the trail was great down to the intersection of 83. I'll have to find out what's up with that.

Bill, glad you like the new sled. I kept delaying this fall trying to decide on a leftover TNT ACE, couldn't make up my mind and next thing they are sold out. So I got the Sport 600 carb. This engine had a few changes last year and the gas mileage isn't quite what it used to be, but maybe 15 mpg, 16 on a great day. 13-14 on a bad day. But wow, great price this year on the 600 Sport. On another note, weather looks bleak this morning, might be a nap day. Take care. Thank goodness Ray is milking the cows, you can sleep in. mike

Bill and farmer old, thank you so much! Sledneck1 here and we really appreciated your help. Overall, we had an awesome trip even though we ran into some bad weather. Started in st. Raymond, went to fairmont in charlevoix (165 miles). 2nd day, went north, past the fjord to saguney delta (280 miles). That's where my buddy bob left his passport. Thanks to bill he's getting it back. Bill, bob, he thanks you profusely!! 3rd day back to st Raymond. (208 miles) had to make a few stops though with bill and farmer old at skidoo dealer though so ride would have been a few miles less. Awesome start to the year! Thanks again to Saguney bill and farmer old!! Slednecks out!!

This afternoon 182ray, farmerold and I went out about 2:30PM, back in at 5:15.. Rode 75 miles. Trails were not bad considering what we just had on Sunday and Monday morning. However stay off Lac Kenogami until it refreezes which should be in a couple of days. We were out on it this afternoon. There was about 6" of water on top of the ice. All I could think about was 1 woman and 3 guys who drowned in Maine. I suspect that the clubs will be out grooming tonight. RDL Mike arrived this afternoon.