Trappers

Moose Doo

Jack,

I used to stop there on our way up to the HI. I grew very fond of Marc & Annie. When I stopped there last time, the older man running the place said he was the owner, and that Marc & Annie were leasing the place and had left without paying the bills. He basically told me they took the money & ran. I found this hard to believe as I thought that Marc & Co. seemed pretty normal. So when I got to the Goeland for gas, because the Trappeur did not have any, I ran what I was told by the man @ Trappeur by the lady @ the Goeland (can't remember her name). She was not willing to confirm or deny that the story was true. I told her I found the story hard to believe, and that my brain led me to believe that when the new trail connecting L'Etape to 355 was opened, perhaps the owner of the Trappeur saw an opportunity to make more money, due to the increased flow of traffic, and decided to pull the rug out from beneath Marc & Annie. When I was done telling her what I believed may have happened, the lady behind the counter @ the Goeland, just smiled and said, I may be not far from the truth. Granted none of this can be taken as fact based testimony, I think I nailed it on the head.

I remember once my buddy told me he was going to pay for lunch @ the trappeur, back when Marc was still there, and the first malamute was just a pup. I never asked any questions, and we left. Come supper time I told him it was my turn to pay, after all lunch with gas must have been a pretty penny, then he told me that he did not pay for the gas back @ the Trappeur. So when I got home, I called the Trappeur on the CB system they had. I explained to Marc what had happened, and that I owed him for 32 Liters of gas, and that I would pay him on the next trip. He said he did not realize I had not paid for the gas, and that he would catch up with me next time. 2 weeks later I showed back up @ the Trappeur with extra cash in hand, he said that he would not take it, and that the honesty I had displayed by calling back told him that I was planning on stopping there for years to come. I told him that after he took the time to perfect his Pizza recipe i was planning on making that my lunch stop for many trips to come. I was saddened to learn that they would no longer be running the place. That and the fact that traffic was greatly increased after they opened the connector trail between L'Etape and 355 ave made it that I have not been back up 355 but once in the last 2 years

post-385-0-48289300-1358704844.jpg

Edited by Je me souviens

Thank you for filling me in. Im not up to typing my whole story but I too found them to be genuine nice people. People that I would go out of my way to patronize their business. I was told by the lady at Domaine Lac Eduard that they were closed "bankrupt" she said. So we ate there. I was disappointed to hear news that it was actually opened once I returned home. Although had I stopped I guess it may not have been Marc and Annie.

Money problems can be difficult to deal with and easy to jump to conclusions. It's not as if there could have been very much to abscond with anyway.