K & K Adventure

schooter

Well we left home this morning for our adventure (snomobiling is always an adventure)

Driving to Quebec City to launch from on Friday morning

Our original plans were to take rt 3 to the end and then double back and cross at godbout and return to Quebec City

But with the trails still showing closed north of Sept Isle , the report from Bill, Ray and Farmerold

And the limited snow reported on the south side of the St lawerance. i think we will change our plans as the week goes

Does anyone have any recent reports for rt3 from Quebec City?

Schooter

We are in Baie comeau trails from tadoussac were 9 / 10

Passed about 7 sled in the first 150 miles or so.

The only time we hit bumpy trails was just after the big bridge in to Baie Comeau

We had a slow start this morning the battery on my 4 stroke was not sring enough to start it

Finally got a jump. Then was not able to find a dealer open to check the battery

Did talk to a very nice person in Forestville and she call her husband who is the manager of the NAPA store he came to pick me up so I could buy a power pack. So now I have a power pack strapped to the back of the sled

Just trying to be a good Boy Scout

Tomorrow the goal is Sept Isle. As long as the trails nort of Baie Comeau are good

If it was not an adventure you might as well stay at home on the lazy boy

Schooter

Trails today were 9.5 +

We hit a couple of ruff spots but they were location the groomer could not get to.

Sled started right up this morning. No issues

Keith is looking at my sled. And asking do I have a kitchen sink hidden someplace.

We are in Sept Isle tonight at the comfort inn

Sleds just outside the sliding door. So in plain sight.

Bill

Where did you start counting the hills?

At least when we hit them we were the 2nd or 3rd since it was groomed Benefit of being out on the sled early in the morning

We did have some difficulty finding fuel but ended up ok did not need to break out the extra fuel :-)

Keith just said he found a bar sink in one of the saddle bags

Maybe back to Baie Comeau tomorrow hopefully to get my first oil change service on the sled

Just a reminder to everyone stay right !

Schooter

Today we made it from Sept Isle to forestville witha stop on Baie Comeau for an oil change on the sled

So a 292 miles with most if he trails 9 of 10

Less than 15 miles all day of 7 of 10

Good day sorry for no pictures

It was a great day to be sledding

Schooter

Today we made it from Forestville to Jonquiere

Trails were good the last 15- 20 could use some snow

Stay at the Delta tonight The updates to the facility are good

Not sure what tomorrow will bring with the weather forecast but we will just adjust

Schooter

We are in the final phase of the adventure.

Wednesday was a rain out day spent at the Delta

Thursday morning got a ride with Bill and Farmerold to our truck in Quebec City . Then Drive to jonquiere to pick up sleds .the drive down 173 was nasty with the wind and icy roads

Very strong head wind coming across route 20

We stayed in Plattsburgh last night and back in the truck for the last 6 or so hours

It looked like there was more snow (less loss) in Quebec City then up at jonquiere. Maybe less rain??

Hope with the cold temps. They will get some snow planning to be back in Quebec City on the 15th

For another adventure that trip will be with the wife's their first time to Quebec

Thank you Bill and Farmerold for the transport. Much appreciated !!!!

Nice to have friends that will lend a helping hand.

Ride safe

Remember my side is the right side

Schooter & KIKIleadthumb (Keith)