Manawan's village

tender33

Just wondering if there is gas available in Manawan Village . I know there is gas at Pourvoirie du Lac Repos but it is 94 miles from Mekoos. Also how are the trails 33 to Repos then trail 345 down to La Cabanon? Are they fast or are they twisty?

Just wondering if there is gas available in Manawan Village . I know there is gas at Pourvoirie du Lac Repos but it is 94 miles from Mekoos. Also how are the trails 33 to Repos then trail 345 down to La Cabanon? Are they fast or are they twisty?

Ok for gaz, and lunch, Nice trail too

Broke down at the gas pumps once,had to pull the sled from the gas pumps,truck pulls up behind me and parks two feet from the back bumper, gets out of the truck and ask (are you broke)I told him yes,he gets back in the truck and sits with the other five people while I work on my sled,kids running every where touching the sled,pulling the throttle and yelling JAMES BOND!JAMES BOND! After two hours I get the sled started I look over my shoulder to the people in the truck they were not happy,they were hoping to make some money on giving me a ride back,I told my friend put your helment on and lets get out of dodge,we will stop and suit up out of town.Creepy.

Hey Coyote ...just a quick question off topick...The trail 83 from Parent to Lac St Jean is it a quick trail...looks like only 200 miles just want to figure time line...may ride from Lac Simon throw parent to Lac St Jean..

Lac Simon to Parent around 8-10 hours faster by the 53 , St-Anne du Lac , Pouvoirie Scott , Fer a Cheval, Parent.

Or by Duhamel, Minerve, 319 by Meekoos,

Parent to relais 22 fast but after relais 22 to Roberval sometime Hill & Gully mix with snake trail :rofl:

I have gome from St-Anne du lac to Roberval staright through, about 375 miles via jb scott etc, About a 10 hour ride. Usually a section of trail between Parent and the Indian area, cant remember the name but often this section of trail is not the best. Usually one would hit relais 22 about 4 pm if one didnt want to go all the way.

Broke down one time right after getting gas there. I still think it was the gas that caused the melt down, of course you can get bad gas anywhere. I refused to tow the sled and let it sit in that town. I towed it all the way back to Repo and drove up to get it the next day. Manawan is really CREEPY if you ask me. I will not even stop for gas there anymore.

I don't think there's bad gas at their pumps, they have a high turn around with their gas, the only pump in town. However, I have arrived there on few occasions where the tanks in the ground were empty and the pump was sucking from the bottom, this is not too good at any pump.

I broke down there one time, I had a Preston leak and hobbled my way for about 10klms into town, I asked the police and the attendant at the mini grocery store for help and they were very helpful, they found someone to bring me and my sled back to my truck at the Glaciere, sure it costed a few bucks but it would've in any case anywhere, the driver brought his wife with him for the trip, we had interesting and pleasant conversations on the way down. These people are really underestimated.

JG

Been there many times for gas, but to be honest, not a big fan. The kids crawling all over your sled constantly will drive you nuts. Plus

everybody trying to sell you stuff as you ride by. Never had bad gas though from there.

I agree with most of the others posters. I was there twice and am not looking to go back. Kids all over your sled when pumping gas. When you don't speake their language it's very hard to get them off your sled. My fear was that they were setting me up so that I had to touch one to get them off my sled and then I would have bigger problems. Also, the older kids (high school) try to sell you stuff and are very persistent. I recall they were trying to sell a necklace with big teeth/fangs on it. Both times I was there were in the early to mid 2000's.