Trip Advice

stupe

Making a 4 day trip starting next week. Anyone see any problems with the route below? Specifically getting to the Roberval area and the stretch of 93 to Tadoussac? I'd like to start thinking about a re-route if trail conditions look sketchy. I appreciate the help!

post-109-0-42432000-1359123825_thumb.png

Hi Stupe,

There is a 5 mile section of 93 between St Ambroise and St Honore that is closed. Your route shows you taking 328 which is north of the closed section which is fine. You may see signs for 93 on the 328 that may surprise you. The section of 93 that is closed is between 367 and east to local trail 134.

Jack

Appreciate the reply Jack. I thought I heard there were some issues on 93 but I didn't know where. I've done this loop a couple of times and the South side of Lac St. Jean can be hit or miss with snow. I think I read something about the Chambord area being light on snow (or maybe it was logging) but I'm hoping it has improved since then. Thanks again! Maybe Bill can shed some light....

Edited by stupe

Hi Stupe, The lower section of Lac St Jean has no snow, Wind blown. We went thru last week and found 30 miles of dirt. Lucky it was -31 F We went from St Amdre to Herberville is bare. We hear its no better closer to the lake. Also we were with a couple of guys who said is bare around Roberval. Bill

My guess is that the 5 mile section of 93 east of St Ambroise is not going to open this year. We saw a few trail 93 signs posted on 367 which is the re-route.

Last year 93 had a short re-route near the road crossing of Riviere Shipshaw. This might be where the problem lies.

If you are going to Mt Valin, 367 north and then 328 east past Auberge Carcajou, you will pick up 93 again at the bottom of the mountain. You end up by-passing St Honore which was a good gas stop. It is probably a few miles further and you end up not riding that beautiful straight stretch of 93 west of St Honore.

Jack & Sandi

We are riding from Beaupre to Carcajou Thursday. Hopefully the rain and warm temps don't mess up the trails too bad. We are going to wing it day 2 and go where the snow is best. Might have to head North into Mt. Valin. Sometimes the best days are unplanned...

go north DooMan, rain is hitting southern Quebec pretty hard,,,, deep freeze after it passes tomorrow evening, and some marginal snow by early next week but in the southern 1/2 it's going to be a while before a true recovery