Montmagny Area Report 1/28/13

mikerider

After last night's ride in RDL and finding conditions of low snow and overall not too good, I moved the base camp this morning to Montmagny. Got a very late morning start, but put on 160 miles on this afternoon. Went around to Levi, St Marie, towards Beauceville and then east on the RR bed and back around. Conditions and trails were somewhere between great and awesome. mike Staying at L'Oiseliere Hotel, really nice place, haven't stayed here since mid '90's with the NH Roughriders (Joel & Bob and gang).

Yes it seems safe, although no pen for truck or sled. Sled parking is right by my sliding door and car lot is off the road, two small driveways in and out to lot. Front desk right by car and sled lot. I am not worried. Food here was very very good and indoor pool, hot tub, bar with fireplace, sauna. And a reasonable price. Like this place a lot! mike

Yes it seems safe, although no pen for truck or sled. Sled parking is right by my sliding door and car lot is off the road, two small driveways in and out to lot. Front desk right by car and sled lot. I am not worried. Food here was very very good and indoor pool, hot tub, bar with fireplace, sauna. And a reasonable price. Like this place a lot! mike

Hey Mike,

I'm thinking of leaving from there for a Gaspe run in March. I've also heard great things about that hotel.

Be safe & have fun!

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Mike or any one else riding the area,do you think the area will hold up to the predicted temps and rain on wednesday?

We're planning to go up thursday night for the weekend.How far south could we start or should we just go over the

river?

Thanks

Think Snow!

Tuesday 1/29 Rode about 225 miles today, going further west and further south. Trails and conditions were perfect. Stopped for two meals at club houses plus the riding in a relaxed 8 hour time frame. Would post pics if I could figure it out with new computer and new camera lol. mike

Looks great Mike, Myself and GW (Gary), are headed up somewhere Sunday for 4 days of riding. We were going to try the area you're at now. Have to see how they make out.

Gary has ridden there, but I never have. Nice to go to a different area. Bruce.

Hi Bruce, I plan to stay to Thursday morning to see if its any good after the rain so I may be able to report an update. I don't want to drive home and find out I shoulda stayed. See my pics I posted seconds before your post. And say hi to Gary for me. And tell him for an old retired guy he should be out riding more. Mike

Just retired myself !!! 34 years in jail. Feels great to be done and back riding again. 3 years I haven't rode in Quebec. I've been up the last 2 week-ends and looking forward to next week.

Let me know how things look Thursday. If you want to ride next week with us you're welcome to. Bruce.

Oui! It is me, the one from Mass. Only rode three times yet this year on 2013 Renegade 1200X. Love the Chaudiere Appalaches area. We may end up riding from Jackman and spending some time in Maine. Seems to be plenty of snow around there (pending the rain tomorrow...)

Keep up posted, Mike.

Thanks.

GW

Hi Gary, you've been quiet on the forums. Anxious to hear a report on the new Rene. Friend '182 Ray' has one with the 800 and says he loves it. Hopefully we'll cross paths sometime and get to eat at Aux Cage les Sports again. And Trailblazer, yup, riding solo this week. Many want to ride elsewhere or saddlebag, but sometimes in my old age its nice to come back each night to the same hotel room with all my extras (like a good bottle of vin) waiting for me in the fridge. That, and I've fallen back in love with the RDL/Montmagny area again after a many year absence, and its a closer drive. mike

Mike

Thanks for posting the pics and real time ride reports-were also waiting to see how the trails hold up after the rain-we would also like to ride in the area you're at-as this would be a new area for us from Maine. How much snow is up there 3 plus feet? Hope the rain is "light" and gets cold quick and change back to snow-Keep us posted after Wednesday-Thanks!

Hi Mike,

It looks like you're the official poster for the Chaudiere region. Keep up the reports. We all appreciate them.

Sandi and I are also waiting to see what the rain does to the trails. We're heading up Sunday but don't know where.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack and Sandi

I am not sure where you like to go to....however, the reports I am getting for Val D'or and Amos, the west end lets call it..... are that they are preparing for 35-45cm of snow and had very little rain.

Linda

Mike,I think you should be out on the trails today taking pics of the weather "live" so we can see what it's like.

You know,like the weathermen on tv ,standing on the beach in the middle of a hurricane so we can get the true

appreciation of the rain. :crazy: