Any update on how bad the rain hit the trails from Maniwaki to Patent/Clova

gashog

I am flying in from Texas tomorrow and some friends are driving in from Ohio. Hard to cancel at this point. Any update from someone in the area on just how bad the trails were hit with yesterdays rain? Are we going to have a nice relaxing week in a hotel? Some are saying with todays freeze the trails will pure ice and completely closed. Anybody have some info?

Thank you

I am flying in from Texas tomorrow and some friends are driving in from Ohio. Hard to cancel at this point. Any update from someone in the area on just how bad the trails were hit with yesterdays rain? Are we going to have a nice relaxing week in a hotel? Some are saying with todays freeze the trails will pure ice and completely closed. Anybody have some info?

Thank you

Head to the Abitabi region and Chibougamau area, they got snow not the rain. Val d'Or 2hr drive from Mont Laurier.

Hey Crazysnow, Too bad we won't be seeing you boys on this years trip. It was fun last year, although I am told the bar in Ferme Neuve is now closed. I upgraded to an Apex this year, but my brother is still rock'n Mach1. He had the whole engine removed and rebuilt this year. Crazy

Hi guys here's the scoop from Carole at Tamarac in Clova don't know if you saw this posted last night. !!!heres the scoop..... yah we got rain today (wednesday) not too much thou, and since we had sooooo much snow to begin with 4ft the little rain we did get didn't do that much harm.... I'm trying to find out when our groomers will be out, i figure probably by tomorow, -7f with snow all day so they be able to get out and about, had 3 riders from vermont today, they came across the 83 from parent and said that the 13 and 83 were fantastic,... with the weather forcast predicting snow for the rest of the week we should find our trails up to tiptop condition come this weekend...Jeff and his buddies are off to the chibougamou area and coming back in on friday so i'll givean update then from that area. Carole and Al are really nice People Call them. @ (829) 662-3319.

I'm not sure about leaving from Maniwaki you may have to trailer a little further !!!

I hope we get some snow by sunday because thats when we leave from maniwaki north to clova. The MACH 1 only goes the most prestine trails!

I would at least drive to Lytton and leave from the classic.

Hey Crazysnow, Too bad we won't be seeing you boys on this years trip. It was fun last year, although I am told the bar in Ferme Neuve is now closed. I upgraded to an Apex this year, but my brother is still rock'n Mach1. He had the whole engine removed and rebuilt this year. Crazy

I think that might be My favroite bar in PQ. Farmers porch outside. Long old style wooden bar with pool tables in the back. On the left just you get into town. No snow and now this, Bummer!

Ha Ha. !!! Sexy Rock is Gone !!! That sucks. 1990 Mach1 if you make it to clova with your sled you better post pics. Keep us up to date with the trail condition. I'm like a Big Kid waiting on the fence for a big dump. Then I Roll. It sucks it's like we're starting all over !

Ha Ha. !!! Sexy Rock is Gone !!! That sucks. 1990 Mach1 if you make it to clova with your sled you better post pics. Keep us up to date with the trail condition. I'm like a Big Kid waiting on the fence for a big dump. Then I Roll. It sucks it's like we're starting all over !

Tamarack under Andre's tenure was #2, Clova seemed like a hide out, like in an old cowboy movie back then. Snowmobiling, is alway an adventure. Oh well, farewell to the "Rock" .... :air_kiss:

This just in from Les Ours Blanc - The trail system through Maniwaki close to Mont Laurier.

All the trails could be icy.

Trails on lakes are icy and you can also drive through water spot.

On lakes, stay inside the marked posts.

Be carefull!

Update 1/31 from woodrunner trails site looks like they didn't take too much of a beating; with the cold, wind and some light snow for rest of week should only improve. Would like to see a good dumping though before we are up on the 16th

Maniwaki – Grand-Remous and Réserve faunique La Vérendrye

Snowmobile Club Les Ours Blancs

Trails # 63-322-13-324 TQ-13 Maniwaki to Kazabazua: Average condition

TQ-63 Maniwaki to Bois-Franc: Average condition

TQ-13 Déléage to Aumond: Average condition

TQ-63 Bois-Franc to to the direction of Val d'Or: Good condition

Reg-322 Grand-Remous to TQ-63: Good condition

Reg-322 Grand-Remous to Pointe à David: Good condition

Réservoir Baskatong: Open and Marqued! Average condition

Reg-322 to Notre-Dame-du-Laus: Closed

Trail regional #324 Aumond to Saint-Aimé-du-Lac-des-Îles and Pontmain: open average condition

You can see by yourself on our web site: clic on their name Updated : January 31st, 2013

Trails around Maniwaki are very hard based and icy. No snow on them. We came from Mekoos today, made it to Mont Laurer and then got a cab to the truck and came back for sleds. Sleds were all overheating every 5 minutes.

from french forum

guy rode amos to louvicourt ...great

val dor area .. great to great +

clermont to anse st jean....a -1

jean-guy

whoops !! just realized that i posted at the wrong place !!!

Edited by groomer