THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY!! Whats the damage?Give it to us straight .We can take it...NOT

snowfarmer

Those are the Kimpez ones, i have them on my sled too and they certainly work great even the riders behind me say they spray like crazy.

Gonna get that kind for sure. Was gonna go with the Blizzers so I could back up but sounds like too many other issues with them.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Clova this am 83 east to the east trail for Barrage Gouin. 83 was in good shape. One note 5 miles out of Parent I hit a 90 degree turn that was iced over it could be a problem if anyone hits it to hot. We rode down the west side from the barrage heading east on 83. We took 345 to Kanawata for the night. It was all good but for the one spot mentioned. 221 miles -25c.

We're hot on your trail GT Rider, following in your foot steps to Gouin for Thursday night. Thru Kanawata then Repos to Shawinigan Friday.

Thanks for the update and good to see you guys again.

Happy Trails.

Don't take 33 south out of Repo's, rode through there last Thursday Jan 31st, plowed sections and it didn't look like it had been groomed in a while. 345 a better choice south.

Kaz

I'm north of mont Laurier and it seems a lot better then most places we are at notawissi great place nice people trails here and north seem good still patches of ice. Some local trails are closed here or rabaska or club Scott would be good starts to go north or south to ferme nueve. The rain they got here was historic for this time of year it's been very cold all week lakes are no problem but snow on them is patchy my slides are shot ice scratchers for sure. Good luck.

Certain photos.....hmmm, the cat's out of the bag now guys, give it up. LOL

It's not what you think LOL.

We left Kanawata this am -35c. 345 south to M20 east to 360 east. We stopped for lunch at Rivière Mattwin. We back tracked 360 west to 345 south all good. When we reached 23 just north of Cabanon the trail got thin with ice showing here and there. We got on 63 south of Cabanon it looked worse. When we reached the Bistro the snow reappeared freshly groomed to La Glaciere. 232 miles. 3060 for the 12 days.

We thought mabe we would bump into you again ha ha. It was great to meet you. Hope you guys are having an A1 trip. I will assume certain photos were taken.

Jim

GT, good seeing you two! Photo-moments don't get much better, assuming you're referring to the "IWD" (Improvised Warming Device). We got one of the frozen ladies going by backing the rear-exhaust from another up to the open engine compartment, then draping a sled cover over of all of it (the hair dryer trick would probably be less toxic). I'd post the evidence, but i'm getting an error message and I can't post pics (over quota?).

Just did 285 miles today. 345 north from Zenon to 83 to Clova. All trails today are a 9 or 10. Few icey corners, not bad and no ice scratchers required. Just finished another great meal at the Tamarak.

GT, good seeing you two! Photo-moments don't get much better, assuming you're referring to the "IWD" (Improvised Warming Device). We got one of the frozen ladies going by backing the rear-exhaust from another up to the open engine compartment, then draping a sled cover over of all of it (the hair dryer trick would probably be less toxic). I'd post the evidence, but i'm getting an error message and I can't post pics (over quota?).

Hi I was refering to your quest to Ontario. You wanted to get some photos over there.

It was mighty cold that morning.

Ah yes! That! (My oops on the "IWD!")

Well the other lady wasn't so cooperative as Iceman posted, and we found out how helpful the owner Rock and his crew are over at the Yami dealer www.rmsport.ca, but the stubborn one's need for an oil change due to flooding gas and both XTX's needing slides caused a change in plans so we'll post some version of our original mission (thanks to photoshop) shortly!...

83 clova to ballbuzard needs the groomer. Ballbuzard to Fallion good. Fallion to the 83/386 split needs a groomer.from the 386/83 split to Seneterre is good. 93 whoa! 1st timer on 93 fast!!! 93 to quevillon good. All these areas have good snow coverage and some just need 1 pass from the groomer. Quite an adventure today. Will share when I do my full report.

83 clova to ballbuzard needs the groomer. Ballbuzard to Fallion good. Fallion to the 83/386 split needs a groomer.from the 386/83 split to Seneterre is good. 93 whoa! 1st timer on 93 fast!!! 93 to quevillon good. All these areas have good snow coverage and some just need 1 pass from the groomer. Quite an adventure today. Will share when I do my full report.

Dave, the next part of 93 from Quevillon to Desmaraisville is real burner trail just make sure you stop and get a 5 gal. can of gas at Desmaraisville. 10 miles past there you will be rerouted off the railbed but it is still a good trail. Have fun.

93 east to chibugamu. Enough said. Detours after desmaraisville added 8 miles. Put 5 gallon can in the Apex, made it all the way with both switcbacks. 147 miles without a fill up.

will report tomorrow on the Roberval area, sounds sketchy down there.

93 - 373 - 83 la does to roberval over to relay 22 is all good for now. 3 to 4 inches fresh snow. No cooling issues and had no problem without studs. Will need more snow soon.

93 east to chibugamu. Enough said. Detours after desmaraisville added 8 miles. Put 5 gallon can in the Apex, made it all the way with both switcbacks. 147 miles without a fill up.

will report tomorrow on the Roberval area, sounds sketchy down there.

Dave all I can say is unless you have extra gas cans you have balls of steel! Me and my wife split a 5 gal. can on the way up to Chib. even though I figured she could make it even if I didn't. Halfway through the detour I was questioning myself. My gas light came on between Chapais clubhouse and town. The next day I put a full can in both sleds. You just never know what could happen, have to tow a sled,gas station out of gas at next town, fresh snow and breaking trail 30 miles up the trail or whatever. Maybe I am just getting older but I don't like taking chances like that that anymore. I admire your guts on that call. :clapping:

Dave all I can say is unless you have extra gas cans you have balls of steel! Me and my wife split a 5 gal. can on the way up to Chib. even though I figured she could make it even if I didn't. Halfway through the detour I was questioning myself. My gas light came on between Chapais clubhouse and town. The next day I put a full can in both sleds. You just never know what could happen, have to tow a sled,gas station out of gas at next town, fresh snow and breaking trail 30 miles up the trail or whatever. Maybe I am just getting older but I don't like taking chances like that that anymore. I admire your guts on that call. :clapping:

We each had a 5 litre can of gas that we did not use. I was not aware the detour was that long or we would of split a can. It is good to know what our maximum range is for the future. By the way we mirrored the Apex in fuel milage, I usually took 1/4 to 1/2 litre more at each fill up, but we stopped for Chris because of the smaller tank and he did not carry extra gas.

We each had a 5 litre can of gas that we did not use. I was not aware the detour was that long or we would of split a can. It is good to know what our maximum range is for the future. By the way we mirrored the Apex in fuel milage, I usually took 1/4 to 1/2 litre more at each fill up, but we stopped for Chris because of the smaller tank and he did not carry extra gas.

Yea it sucks everytime Yamaha makes a sled with a fuel mileage gain they make the tank smaller. I have almost 9000 miles on my Apex and have never run out but pretty much have it figured for 135 to 140 miles at a normal trail speed. My tank is like 9.4 the older sleds were 10.1 and the newer ones are 9.14 it makes no sense. I am buying a trail sled not a ditch banger or a Mt. sled I want an 11 or twelve gallon tank and a reverse that doesn't have to be adj. or freezes up on every trip. Those really are my only gripes with Yamaha