La Reine-Cochrane Trail A105Q

Mid Range

Friday the info for that area was this....

A trail groomed towards Smooth Rock today. Smooth Rock Falls club have all their trails groomed after Thursday snowfall including to Fraserdale on their side of the A103. Our tractor groomer is heading up tomorrow on the A103 so watch for it. Our trail breaker, the BR180 is back from the welding shop. The plan is to groom around Cochrane this weekend and then start back on the A105Q to Quebec Monday morning.

report from their facebook....

Found good snow on a105q today. Got to tear it up a bit before the groomer gets there to pack it down. Awesome powder, just over your knees.

Polar Bear Club answer to the 'when will it be open question'....

Hopefully xing my fingers if everything goes as plan by next weekend. BR 180 starting that way tomorrow hopefully with two operators breaking and packing trail. Damn warm weather and break downs on BR have delayed us by 2 lousy weeks.

Anyone thinking about the abitibi temiskaming side of Quebec...us national weather service is reporting an inch an hour right now....In my experience that's coming our way. Sault Ste Marie Sudbury and north bay then Quebec fingers crossed!

I have run that trail 5 or 6 times from Le Reine to Cochrane though it's been many years now. From what I remember it was 100+ miles of "a lot of nothing" and pretty much straight as "pool cue" . I also remember not paying attention or fiddling with my GPS and almost going "off trail" down over one of those old railroad bridges. I remember thinking....if I had biffed it that I would need to call in a "Chinnook" helicopter to get me and the sled out. LOL...

they did change it up a bit ....they have shot the trail into the bush here and there to break it up a bit...watch for that....not sure if they still sell jery can gas at the old rail station or not the old guy may have moved on...

• 9 months later...

katana11, on 04 Feb 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

they did change it up a bit ....they have shot the trail into the bush here and there to break it up a bit...watch for that....not sure if they still sell jerry can gas at the old rail station or not the old guy may have moved on...

When we rode thru there was no sign of gas "on trail" in '08. Before that there apparently was someone selling gas on the trail along the A105Q.

Can anyone confirm the status of gas in La Reine or Dupuy? Several gas stations in La Sarre. We had no gas problems running from La Sarre to Cochrane w/an Apex, 2 500SS sleds & a 600 SDI.

from what i hear there is NO Gas and i beleive its 165 km from cochrane to La salle ..its only 102 miles most newer sled can do that no problem...my 2003 ZR 900 did that run across years ago.

Edited by katana11

Thought there was gas halfway between a man sells jerry cans ...long time ago there was gas in La reine but may be closed know ..but even so la salle is only 7 km away

The gas station in La Reine burned down several years ago.