matane quebec

tek22

I went through Mattan and I wouldnt drive a sled on the hockey ice.The wind has kept the snow away and so with the melt and rain its all ice near the town.You would have a hard time to get to the hotel on the coast.The groomer cant do anything there till we get snow. jack

What's the forecast for this area? Planned to be there the week of Feb 17-23 but considering moving the trip to western quebec.

O

Don't think this storm is going to help much but that could change if there is a backlash after it passes Gulf of Maine - which isn't unusual. Check the link below for Matane. I have had good luck with their forecasts for QC trips over the years. Check the '14 Day Trend' tile.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0342

P.S. The week you planned is 'high season' in Gaspe; many on Feb vacation. Be advised hotels may be tight if there is snow.

What's the forecast for this area? Planned to be there the week of Feb 17-23 but considering moving the trip to western quebec.

O

Welcome to QuebecRider O.

A lot could happen in a week. You could make a few reservations and cancel if snow doesn't come. The hotels are pretty understanding.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1