12 and a half days 3060 miles

GT Rider

Fine Job on the Report GT Rider. Say hi to Gemma. Great meeting you guys.

Awesome trip.

Don it was nice meeting you multiple times. Quebecriders get around. Gemma says Hi.

Great report Jim! Say Hi to Gemma for me.Looked like an awesome trip!

NEXT YEAR!!! I will get to the Abbitibi, looks sweet!

Thanks again for the report.

Deano

We were lucky this year most trails were great. Abbitibi is like strawberry feilds.

Wow, Awesome trip, takes alot of time to put up a report like that, much appreciated. We will be out that way a week from Sat.

Wow Jim, great report and pics. Those pics make you feel like your right there, thanks for taking the time to share. Now you go have a Coke, and tell Gemma to have a Pepsi. lol, Take Care

Dave

Thanks Dave. I was messing it up as I was posting but I sort of figured it out.

IMG_0150_zpsb3f2d094.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

I bow to the King and Queen of Quebec trails. Thank you for taking the time to post the story and amazing pictures. I am in awe of your trip and that you and your wife rode double and with no other sleds for 3,000 miles in some huge wilderness. Amazing. mike

Thanks Mike. No royalty here just enthusiasts like you. I have read many of your adventures. You ride solo!

X2 Bow down, that is an amazing ride all alone, you guys are a brave pair.

Thanks for taking the time to share, it's a lot of work posting pics'n text and making it right.

Now it's time to go down south and take a vacation. lol.

Thanks Trailblazer. I like it up north well enough. :rofl: :rofl:

congrats for the greaaaat pics...even awesome gt rider !!

many pics with great '' light '' !!

like the one with moon and many others !!

thanks for sharing again !!

jean-guy

Thank you jean-guy. You are the one that gives inspiration all year long.

great post looked like an awesome trip thanks for your great report !!

We have had a few nice trips this was right up there. Thanks

Very Nice GT. thanks for sharing.

We said hello for you at the Tamarac. It was your posts that lead us there. Thanks.

well done report sir.

Crazy get some rest, I thought I get up eary

Thank you. Some of us are Crazy for snow at all hours. :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome! We just got home and rode to some of the places you stayed the night. We talked to guys from NY that you met at Gouin when we arrived at Le Cabanon on Saturday. We also met the same group 2 years ago at the Tamarak. We met another couple from I think Vermont at the Nordic on Tuesday. They do it the same way, Ski Doo Grand Touring and they ride alone, they were in the middle of a 6 day ride.

Wowza. GT you da MAN! Aside from respecting the obvious "The Power Couple" (like Towing & Kri who you guys should plan a ride with), I REALLY REALLY respect your flexibility and sense of humor. Happy trails,

Thank you. We enjoyed your company at dinner. Its great meeting QuebecRiders out on a trip. Gemma and I are just out to enjoy what Quebec has to offer. We all know thats alot.

Really nice trip, some day a super long trip like that would be a blast!

Thanks. We used to split up 2 weeks but after doing it straight through we feel more satisfied when it is over.

That was a fantastic trip report thanks for doing this.

Thanks. We are just trying to give back a little of what we have recived from this site.

X 2 Applause - Applause :drinks:

Thank you.

What a great report! I was glued to my screen reading and looking at those beutiful pictures. I have been in all those places, just never all on the same trip, my hat is off to both of you. On a side note, do all you remember back in the day before that bridge was built near Mattawin. Yup, we crossed on the river. I hated that part. You had to know if it was passable before you rode there because if it was not you were screwed because you could not get back with no gas.

Thanks. We started out riding from St-Donat in 99. I would not dare cross a river back then. We always crossed by the dam for 360.

GREAT TRIP & GREAT PICS .Thats the way to take a trip at your own speed and arrive safe .You have agreat women there to keep at it day after day on the back .I think its harder than being in front. ..THANKS AGAIN

Thank you. I could not do it without her. She is great.

Awsome report.To bad you didn't go north with the snowgoer guys.We all ended up at the same motel. Perhaps another time. :drinks:

Those guys were super. We really enjoyed there company. P.S. its nice to have some pass bye that knows where their going when your tired of going back and forth on the same trail looking for signs. :rofl: :rofl:

Fantastic ride and report... :drinks:

Thanks Phil.

Good job,great report,heading that way end of Feb.and you got to ride with your best friend.

Thank you. Very true she is my best friend.

Bravo. It is great to be able to saddlebag like that. The most impressive thing to me, like MikeRider said, is you two did by yourselves on one sled in some pretty desolate areas.

Thanks for posting. We all enjoy reading and the pics are fantastic. When Groomer says the pics are good, you know they're good.

Jack & Sandi :hi: :hi:

I have followed many of your and Sandi's adventures west and east. We look forward to reading about them. Your photo's from the mountain peaks are beautiful.

Best trip report of the year! We need to come up with some kind of award... Much appreciated!

Thanks. No award necessary. My vote goes to Towing hands down.

Awsome! We just got home and rode to some of the places you stayed the night. We talked to guys from NY that you met at Gouin when we arrived at Le Cabanon on Saturday. We also met the same group 2 years ago at the Tamarak. We met another couple from I think Vermont at the Nordic on Tuesday. They do it the same way, Ski Doo Grand Touring and they ride alone, they were in the middle of a 6 day ride.

Thank you. We have been watching your trail reports. Sounds like you had a great trip. Its nice to meet people out enjoying the sport.

Hi Jim & Gemma,

What an amazing trip with superb detailed reporting! You have a serious sled there & seem extremely well prepared to take on the challenge of 12 days on the trail riding those areas & distances. Thanks for sharing with us QR folk sitting at home on the computer wishing we were in QC riding!

Good thing is....................... I'm leaving at 2:30am from NJ & heading to QC for an 8 day ride from Shawinigan out west & north!! Pumped!!

Best,

Tom

What a great report you did GT rider :clapping: I was stick on my chair, impossible to give up before getting at the end even it is near midnight and i ride tomorroy...

Snowmobiling is many time an adventure and it seems you got a good part of it, passing from rain--snow-- and cold having to change plans...

I just love your report and pics, thank you for having taking time to do this for us. (I am well placed to know the work behind) but I'm sure you will read it again yourself and live again your trip...

My hat to you GTrider :drinks:

P.S. give me a favor:when you do water crossing...snap the throttle!!! lolll

Alain

Great report. I've been riding in QC for over 20 years and I usually plan our groups trips. To be sitting at Scoobyraid telling my buddies that we can only go back via Chibougamou and we can't continue the loop as you probably intended, they would be like you're crazy. I guess the conditions near Jonquiere and south/east must have been awful for you to go back the way you came. Looks like a very memorable trip.....wow.

Great report and pics, next time you are in the Abitibi try the 93 from LaSarre to Senneterre one of the best in Quebec. Jim I have only one question and I know I must have missed something but what is with all the J's

Great report and pics, next time you are in the Abitibi try the 93 from LaSarre to Senneterre one of the best in Quebec. Jim I have only one question and I know I must have missed something but what is with all the J's

LOL I was wondering the same thing J ??

Incredible trip. Incredible report. What a woman. I am the Boy Scout and planner in my group and I commented on another thread about how your sled was packed. I had no idea you were on a 3000 mile 2 up trip! I am I awe of your planning preparation and adaptability.

Hi Jim & Gemma,

What an amazing trip with superb detailed reporting! You have a serious sled there & seem extremely well prepared to take on the challenge of 12 days on the trail riding those areas & distances. Thanks for sharing with us QR folk sitting at home on the computer wishing we were in QC riding!

Good thing is....................... I'm leaving at 2:30am from NJ & heading to QC for an 8 day ride from Shawinigan out west & north!! Pumped!!

Best,

Tom

Thanks Tom Hope you have a great trip. we want to read about it. It will be next year till we return.

What a great report you did GT rider :clapping: I was stick on my chair, impossible to give up before getting at the end even it is near midnight and i ride tomorroy...

Snowmobiling is many time an adventure and it seems you got a good part of it, passing from rain--snow-- and cold having to change plans...

I just love your report and pics, thank you for having taking time to do this for us. (I am well placed to know the work behind) but I'm sure you will read it again yourself and live again your trip...

My hat to you GTrider :drinks:

P.S. give me a favor:when you do water crossing...snap the throttle!!! lolll

Alain

Thank you Alain. Your posts gave us critical intel for our plan. I had a lot of problems while posting. :fool: I have great respect for extremely detailed reports you write. I remember reading your report with the rain gear yes snowmobiling is an adventure. :rofl:

Great report. I've been riding in QC for over 20 years and I usually plan our groups trips. To be sitting at Scoobyraid telling my buddies that we can only go back via Chibougamou and we can't continue the loop as you probably intended, they would be like you're crazy. I guess the conditions near Jonquiere and south/east must have been awful for you to go back the way you came. Looks like a very memorable trip.....wow.

Thank you. The decision was made for us to turn back. It all worked out well.

Met you @ Scooby Raid I was part of the Albany crew having good time. Great report hope to see ya next year.

We enjoyed the company and conversation. Scooby Raid next year. :drinks:

Thanks. I dont know how or why but the smiley face changed into the J. I have seen that happen on the french site and wondered what it was too. Now I know.

LOL I was wondering the same thing J ??

Incredible trip. Incredible report. What a woman. I am the Boy Scout and planner in my group and I commented on another thread about how your sled was packed. I had no idea you were on a 3000 mile 2 up trip! I am I awe of your planning preparation and adaptability.

Thanks. I am a lucky man to have her.