Riding from Letape North

Letape Rider

Gary hope you and Marty have a good time and hopefully he keeps it on the trail. Tell him to pack his gauntlets because he'll lose his handwarmers before L'etape based on Er's and everyone elses experience.

ER- Jackman looks like it will be a good time even if the miles are low. You'll do better than I will even with that crew, taking my son on some local rides up at camp this weekend and helping out at our clubs safety class.

I'm thinking of staying at the Roquemont Friday night and get an early start at the red roof on saturday. if you can ride out of a motel around stoneham that would also work. I'd ride out of the Roquemont but I doubt the river is frozen.

Doest matter if the river is frozen. The dealer in the parking lot right next door can dump you on the other side. Ask the folks at the Roquemont desk when you call for a room. From the Relais St.Raymond (1/4mile beyond river) they groomed trail 23 to Le'Etape today!!!! :yahoo:

I'm thinking of staying at the Roquemont Friday night and get an early start at the red roof on saturday. if you can ride out of a motel around stoneham that would also work. I'd ride out of the Roquemont but I doubt the river is frozen.

Call the Roquemont. They dump everyone staying at the Motel north of the river at Relais St.Raymond every morning till the river is safe. Best part is the club groomed trail 23 up Le'tape today!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Doest matter if the river is frozen. The dealer in the parking lot right next door can dump you on the other side. Ask the folks at the Roquemont desk when you call for a room. From the Relais St.Raymond (1/4mile beyond river) they groomed trail 23 to Le'Etape today!!!! :yahoo:

Thanks for the update. Do you know if the dealer ship next to the Roquemont rents sleds? If so do you know the name or number for them? I would like to take my brother up this year and he needs to rent.

Thanks

Bob

Thanks for the update. Do you know if the dealer ship next to the Roquemont rents sleds? If so do you know the name or number for them? I would like to take my brother up this year and he needs to rent.

Thanks

Bob

I don't know if they rent, but I believe this is the dealership:

Performance Voyer

1-418-337-8744

I don't know if they rent, but I believe this is the dealership:

Performance Voyer

1-418-337-8744

Thanks Gary. That place saved me last year, -12F and about 15 miles from there my heated shield stopped working. I just called them and they do not rent at this place. I will have to keep looking.

Thanks Gary. That place saved me last year, -12F and about 15 miles from there my heated shield stopped working. I just called them and they do not rent at this place. I will have to keep looking.

I would call the Roquemont Hotel. At 1-877-337-6734. They'll know where to rent from.

Here's the latest from my trip this weekend (12/8/2007):

Starting from Relais du Nord. 304 was groomed and mostly excellent. 369 was groomed and excellent Sat, but beat on Sunday. In L'Etape, 23 south was groomed, not sure how far. 23 north [from L'Etape] was not open for the ~5 miles, then we met the groomer [going back to Apica] and it was groomed to Apica. 23 north from Apica was groomed but thin on snow. 368 wasn't open and 23 north from that intersection was groomed but continually thining in conditions.

I'm guessing it's not possible to get from L'Etape to the Saganuey region, but we had to turn around and not risk other problems because of the time. The traffic around Apica was very light and I'm guessing local.

Here's the L'Etape re-route info. When coming up from the south on 369, the first intersection near L'Etape used to be 23 north to the right, 23 south and gas to the left. Now the first intersection, if you go right, it only goes to the gas in L'Etape, not 23 or Auberge Le Relais. The left turn goes to 23. It crosses a few km's south of the Auberge. After crossing 175, the first intersection is 23 north/south, the next interection on 23 north is to the Auberge [which wasn't open].