355 from Lac Edourd to Lac Bouchette

scorpionbowl

I'm nominating this piece of $&& trail the worst maintained trail in all of Quebec, for at least the last ten years. It should be a beautiful trail, but I'd be surprised if its groomed more than 4 times a year. I don't know why I keep trying it. Either end of 355 is always excellent, it's just this black hole.

Apparently some people were able to still enjoy the trail...two minutes earlier and one of us would have been t-boned by this idiot Air Force 1 artic cat that blew an easy right turn some how...

Meow. I remember well.

You guys are way too nice I would have left him there.

Maybe the Cat was chasing a mouse? Just saying.

Most likely he was one of those who insist on riding right up the middle so be thankful he lost it before you got there.

One fellow in the group said "there should have been sign (arrow) before the turn" and then said the rider "had one hand up clearing his face shield" when it happened. So that basically means riding danger close in the snow dust cloud of the guy in front of him. Was warm and clear out, great data for riding.

4 of us got the shit pounded out of us Thursday afternoon on that Piece of $hit. We stayed at Domaine and told the owner, he said he called the club in La Tuque and they would groom it Friday. Well we left friday to head south on the rest of the goat path and found that it was groomed 2 wide from Trappeur south. Looks like they turned around there....At the top end of it it was groomed from Lac Bouchette north but nothing south of the gas station in Bouchette. Almost seemed to us that someone doesn't like somebody in between? I'll never ride it again unless i can confirm at Trappeur or Auberge EVA that it's groomed in the middle. We hit this trail about 5 yrs ago at the end of March and it was the best i had ever seen. No good since!

Overall a good trip but definately not up to Quebec Standards. Scooby was great and north to Pipmuacan was really cool, but ungroomed of course so keep that in mind. It was a little warm this week and with the thin snow it's tough to have great conditions. We knew we could run Chib to Sennetaire but we've done that before so we just bombed around a lot and found good and bad snow, as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of heading up on the 16th to Shawinigan for a 4 day trip and 355 could be in the plans if it's fixed. If not continue north on 73 i guess.

Bigger worry right now is the snow in Shawinigan and the warm temps forecasted. Used to be able to plan on riding mid march without worries but not anymore.

Ask Playhard, send him a PM i think they just went up that way on Tuesday I believe to Roberval.

Iceman - we are headed up tonight. How is it riding out of your area? We just plan on doing a quick 2 day loop. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Trails still good but soft. All pavement bare (gas, motels) very warm but not bad. Rain forecast for monday.

Late season normal conditions.

For 2 day run should be good to go.

Good news: Domaine (on the lake) had gas

Bad news: The day we were there last week around lunchtime they had no electricity to run the gas pump!

Good news: It's only a few miles south of there to Trappeur (go straight for a 1/4 mile just before the trail crosses the road) and their pump runs on their generator!