Conditions in RDL ?

snowdogs

Thanks Jack, we arrived here at 4 and there was flurries all the way until we got here then it got warm! Looks depressing but hope to head out tomorrow morning, I will take 5 till rdl then head inland! The issue I have will be getting back at the end of the week, with this weather Montmagny will not survive!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going up Tuesday out of Bernieres returning to Bernieres on Friday. Do you think it would be wise to stay @ Lac Etchemin and ride out of there ? Or would you suggest Starting somewhere else ?

Thanks Jack, we arrived here at 4 and there was flurries all the way until we got here then it got warm! Looks depressing but hope to head out tomorrow morning, I will take 5 till rdl then head inland! The issue I have will be getting back at the end of the week, with this weather Montmagny will not survive!!

When we ride at the end of the season, sometimes its a roll of the dice. A couple of degrees makes the difference.

We hope your ride is good.

Jack & Sandi

Rode out of RDL today, first 7 miles from universal is complete garbage, dirt, mud, slush etc... we kept going and oh boy, once inland and up in elevation the riding was awesome. Went down to Pohenegamook over to Cabano and the general area, as warm as it was I was surprised, we rode a bunch of freshly groomed stuff and passed one groomer

• 9 months later...

Good morning just a quick report on chandler re and bas St Laurent areas we rode up from Rockwood Me yesterday trail 75 to beauce, 55 to St pamphlile, 557 through lac on the east and 35 to polygamous and on to riv du loop. All good mid winter riding conditions here great for Dec 27 . Lac etchimen must have hada grimmer down as their trails were rough. All else great conditions. Happy trails. RR

Is the trail officially open this year in Maine to cross the border to St. Pampile? Wasn't that closed the last couple years due to logging? Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the report RR.

Probably going to RDL around Jan 4th or 5th. Hope to catch up to say hi at some point.

My understanding of the border crossing trail at St Pamphille is there are no plans to have the trail cross there again.

mike

Viper I am not aware of that trail status. I hope it is open as it is a nice trail to use during the week

Is the trail officially open this year in Maine to cross the border to St. Pampile? Wasn't that closed the last couple years due to logging? Thanks for the info.

Mike rider. The boys all asked about you this weekend. Hope to see you in the trails this year. RR

Probably going to RDL around Jan 4th or 5th. Hope to catch up to say hi at some

point.

My understanding of the border crossing trail at St Pamphille is there are no plans to have the trail cross there again.

mike

Probably going to RDL around Jan 4th or 5th. Hope to catch up to say hi at some point.

mike

Viper I am not aware of that trail status. I hope it is open as it is a nice trail to use during the week

Thanks for the replies guys

Trails perfect yesterday.

Awoke this morning to 3 inches of new light snow.

Snow at 6 AM just turned over to sleet. Figures, ten days off and this happens!

Will update conditions, as I will at least stay another day or two to see if it is ruined or comes back.

mike

Will update conditions, as I will at least stay another day or two to see if it is ruined or comes back.

mike

Thanks for the update Mike . Thinking of heading that way

mike

Just hang in there Mikey...have a nice bottle or 2 of rouge until the cold returns