Conditions in RDL ?

snowdogs

Update on trails around RDL from my trip to Amqui from St. George and back this past weekend:

Had heard from several that trail 5 EAST of RDL is thin the first 25 miles. Recommend to avoid this you head SE out of RDL towards Squatec and then cut up to Tois Pistels and then towards Rimouski. Conditions are great via this route. When I went through Rimouski I found the fields around Rimouski very thin with some ice. Take a more southern route away from the St. Lawrence in the Rimouski area if you want, but Tois Pistels to Rimouski is excellent.

Coming back from Amqui I cut through Squatec and across to RDL. All excellent! Also noted same distance RDL to Amqui whether you go through Rimouski or Squatec.

Another shortcut I recommend leaving RDL west. Instead of jumping on trail 5, half mile behind the Universal going up the hill, take a right onto the green trail, go through the two tunnels under the highway, then keep bearing left for 25 miles until you reach trail 5. Saves a miserable windy section of trail 5 that sees lots of traffic, and this has scenic views of the St. Lawrence.

Leaving RDL Monday, RDL had an inch or two of new snow. 65 miles east of RDL had 3 or 4 inches of new snow.

I cut down to St. Pamphile, and ten miles west of St. Pamphile had 16 inches of new snow. By Lac Etchemin it was about 12 inches and Beaceville about 8 inches. Conditions were awesome!

mike

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to catch up on some of the photos of RDL riding for 2015.

mike

Is that nearly 11k miles on a 600 or 800? Trails look a little rough (sarcasm).

Edit....nevermind I enlarged the pic and see it's the 900. The XS plastics....I forgot they're on the ACE sleds too.

Edited by im4snow

Thanks all for the comments.

I am truly spoiled riding this area as the grooming is first rate and traffic is usually low, plus I like that there is so many club houses to stop for a coffee or eats and take a break from the cold Quebec air. Will certainly be back next year.

mike