Conditions in RDL ?

snowdogs

I should mention the RDL Universal Hotel has added about 50 rooms and a new spa. Also have an outdoor patio with a bonfire pit (must be gas), and two new outdoor hot tubs with a waterfall going into the hot tubs.

Might as well host the QuebecRider gathering here this weekend! Oops, never mind, college girls cheerleading competition this weekend.

Dave,

I'll be posting everyday unless it looks hopeless and I go home.

mike

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should mention the RDL Universal Hotel has added about 50 rooms and a new spa. Also have an outdoor patio with a bonfire pit (must be gas), and two new outdoor hot tubs with a waterfall going into the hot tubs.

Might as well host the QuebecRider gathering here this weekend! Oops, never mind, college girls cheerleading competition this weekend.

Dave,

mike

Your a lucky man Mike! Better then a hockey tournament eh?

Dave,

mike

Mike … Show us some Pics please …your killing me lol

Pics of the snow, hot tubs, or college cheerleaders?

My thoughts of right now is that conditions MAY? be fine. The 3 inches of new snow absorbed what little rain we got.

Now getting cold. The riding may have to wait til the groomers get out and break up the top crust and bring up some powder

from down below. I doubt they will go out tonight, but probably Tuesday night. It is getting cold out now and very windy.

mike

Cold this morning, parking lot is a sheet of ice, and not as wintry looking with no snow clung to the trees.

Things look hopeful, the 3 inches of new snow, along with the sleet, absorbed the light rain very well.

I walked over to the trail by the old SkiDoo dealer where the trail goes into the woods. There is a light crust on top with good powder underneath.

Two sleds had gone through in the rain and under their footprints it is very hard.

As of right now there zero lubrication for the slides.

My best guess at this point is there will be good riding after the groomers get out. The clerk at the desk at the hotel says the groomers are supposed to go out today and tonight.

Also I don't know how things are even ten miles from here, whether they got more rain, got the few inches of snow etc.

mike

Cold this morning, parking lot is a sheet of ice, and not as wintry looking with no snow clung to the trees.

Things look hopeful, the 3 inches of new snow, along with the sleet, absorbed the light rain very well.

I walked over to the trail by the old SkiDoo dealer where the trail goes into the woods. There is a light crust on top with good powder underneath.

Two sleds had gone through in the rain and under their footprints it is very hard.

As of right now there zero lubrication for the slides.

My best guess at this point is there will be good riding after the groomers get out. The clerk at the desk at the hotel says the groomers are supposed to go out today and tonight.

Also I don't know how things are even ten miles from here, whether they got more rain, got the few inches of snow etc.

mike

You know we really don't care about trail conditions...we just want cheerleader pics!!! lol

Uh oh, hope none of you really believed the cheerleader bit ('cancel the QR gathering in RDL, cheerleaders booked the place').
I knew Ray would believe it and be half way here by now, but that was okay, he would buy me a good bottle of Vin Rouge.

But Iceman's cheer is great, he makes the team!

Jackstraw, great picture. More exciting than my life today!

Weather reports are all over the place for the weekend. Cold thru Friday, then depending on who you listen to, a general warm up over the weekend with either flurries, snow, sleet or rain.

mike

Looks like tons of fun

Ray, If you are going to take this long to get here, at least call the bar and give them your credit card number.

Thanx in advance. Got to get the cheerleaders tanked before we get into the hot tub!

Like that 50's kid song

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda

Here I am, in Riviere with lots of ta ta

the cheerleaders, are entertaining

they get sloshed and think an old man can sustain em

sounds like you're having some fun, even if trails/weather not cooperating. I guess our plan is to ride from Thetford to Bernieres towards rdl (tourville) swing around on cross trails from 5 depending on weather and snow. Won't make it up to rdl, hoping snow, not rain on week-end. thanks for info, Mike.