info on crossing to on.

farmerold

• 2 weeks later...
Planing extend trip this winter and part of it we will be crossing Quebec on trail 43 was wondering the best and easiest place to cross over to Ontario. I haven't been on any trails west of 13. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you can cross at alfred ont. {montebello } or futher west past alymer let me know if you need more info

• 3 weeks later...
Planing extend trip this winter and part of it we will be crossing Quebec on trail 43 was wondering the best and easiest place to cross over to Ontario. I haven't been on any trails west of 13. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TRAIL CLOSED TO JONCAS THIS YEAR . CHECK POST . BUT I KNOW YOU WERE NOT GOING THERE CAUSE !!! ICE CROSSING TO ALFRED IS GOOOD AND PINNED

• 2 weeks later...

You have to go on the ottawa river at Quyon for about 5 or 7 miles to the east to Constance Bay. The river is well travelled, but is touch and go in front on Quyon. It is more solid as you head east. There are no great markings on the Constance Bay side.. there is a bar called the Point.. if you can find that you areon the trail. There may be a tree line near there as well... I have never really followed the tree lineFollow the main tracks, cross to the south ( Ontario side ) after the river widens ( it is narrow in Quyon ) and you willfind you way. There is lots of activity out there on a weekend day.Not to be done at night or in a snow storm! The ottawa river claims a few lives every year.

I think you can cross at Quyon.That's where the 13-43 leads you anyhow
This maps shows a more direct crossing east of Quyon. Come to think of it... this may be what the tree line represents. Click it to zoom in.http://district1ofsc.ca/map.htm

• 2 weeks later...

What about 63 thru park to la macaza to 323 to 43 to miss all the BS . this trail is usually very nice . and should have good snow . or you could take 323 south to bottom and cross at alfred or stay on 43 west to cross futher like we talked about.

What about 63 thru park to la macaza to 323 to 43 to miss all the BS . this trail is usually very nice . and should have good snow . or you could take 323 south to bottom and cross at alfred or stay on 43 west to cross futher like we talked about.

Ihad pick on 63 to come across, like your sugestion on using 323 down to 43 .Not sure at this point whether to do 43 across or take 323 all the way down to crossing. I see that there are 2 place to stay on 43 and 323 not sure on the miles to there but might be where we would stay. Will call this weekend thank for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
Ihad pick on 63 to come across, like your sugestion on using 323 down to 43 .Not sure at this point whether to do 43 across or take 323 all the way down to crossing. I see that there are 2 place to stay on 43 and 323 not sure on the miles to there but might be where we would stay. Will call this weekend thank for your input.

If you are not heading to Joncas towards Rapid des Joachims, I suggest you cross around Alfred ... Montebello ....

A lost of right of way trail 43 Gatineau Park will give you problems to come towards the Upper Gatineau Valley :nea: