Trails conditions!

Switchback 2006

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm! I'm not sure! Let me look at that!

:good::clapping:

Here is the response of a Executive member at the Club house of Beauceville!

It is not really easy.....

You must go through the R545 by St-Théophile, St-Zacharie, Ste-Aurélie, St-Prosper, St. Louis de Gonzague, Ste-Justine to arrive at the TQ55. Once on the 55, Ste-Sabine,St-Magloire.....Two choice.....R549 to link with the TQ5 or stay on the TQ55....pass by Ste-Lucie de beauregard, St-Pamphile, Ste-Perpétue, Tourville, until you arrive at the TQ5 at St-Damase

Not easy.....Possible, but with a lot of patience

Switchback confirms that St georges to St Prosper is rideable and he listed 545 as open so should be fine

Yes, It should Past. It's groomed but the signalisation is at 40%! That's what the club toll me!

Have a nice ride! :good:

We rode from beauceville to >Rivere du loop yesterday, 55 east to 35 to 526 to 5 :

the 200 miles of riding was all very good with the exception of trail 55 at st lucie »(lac frontier) and st adalbert. St lucie had not been out on the section from the club house west, the trail is packed going east from the st lucie club house and is in fair condition. A total of about 10-15 miles of below grade riding.. The rest is like mid winter conditions, very good.

fyi

RR

Trip summary from this weekends trip. The Chaudierre and Bas St Laurent is open in many areas and great mid winter conditions: and its only Dec 9!

As I posted sat am ,

we left beaucville at 11:30 friday rode 55 east to 35 at tourville, 35 east to st Eluthiere, 526 north to 5 and 5 east into rivere du loop,

saturday am we rode 5 east to trois pistols, 518 east to st eugene, 5 west to 571 south to saint jean de dieu, 544 west to saint hubert and back to 85 in whitworth, back up to 5 west through mont carmel, through to 553 south to d lxworth, 35 east back to the the relais 540 and stayed at Margots B&B for the night, We met up with NH Vector at the Margot's- Gite Oasis de la Bretagne- for a very fine dinner, conversation, breakfast. We enjoyed talking with NHV, he has traveled the same areas over the years as we had, great guys.

Sunday AM

35 east to 557 down to lac of east, over to 55 in st pamphile and 55 back to Beauceville at noon.

By the end of the weekend all of 55 was open with plenty of snow. all trails were in fair, good to excellent condition

We had a nice trip of 575 miles- great for the opening trip on Dec 7-8-9

The exception---

((Trail 5 from Saint Pascal west towards Mont carmel and on towards la pocatiere, this piece was broken out but not open so we picked our way through here- (not ready for traffic yet). Use 35 the rail bed as the trail for this section.))

Pic of trail 55 between ste sabine and st magloire

Gasing up in st pamphile

Towing in a down engine- at the end of 35

Hotel Universal

St eugene club house over near rimouski

Margot B&B

Trail 557 between lac of east and st pamphile

trail 55 between st pamphile and st lucie

trail 5 the ugly west of mont carmel

SB

We should be back through Magloire sunday mid day sometime, I will check at the club house for your switchback !

RR

Switch back, we were back through st magloire around 11 am today, I noticed the club house was not open? many of them were this weekend, are they getting a slow start?

Hope to catch you on the next run.

Best regards

RR

RoadRunner, it's great to see these conditions so early.Does St. Eugene have a new club house ? or maybe I'm picturing the Trois Pistoles club house, anyways good report. :good:

Plain Rev;

The club house in St Eugene is relatively new, I believe it was built in 2002 or 2003 but not really sure, it sets on the left heading east on 5 down over a small hill right of the hi tension line. The old one also sat off the power line on trail 5 as this one does but I remember it in a little different location..

The trois pistols club house was open, but did not get a pic of the club house.

It was great to see all the activity going on.

Best regards

RR

NH Vector's trip report - We left the Jackman clubhouse on Saturday morning and headed for the border. Once over the border trails in mid season form, 80+ mph down piston alley to Armstrong club. We were told at the clubhouse that 75 was closed north of St. George by Notre dam des Pins, so we headed up the 545 trail to Lac Etchemin. Most of 545 was Good except for about 15 miles thru St. Cyprien but we did pass the groomer and they were packing and filling. Once onto trail 55 conditions were Good to V Good except for the upper end like Road Runner has previously stated. Once we reached 35 we headed north east and decided to stay the night at Margot's and Gaetan's B&B 212 miles for the day. Awesome place and the hosts were excellent - highly recommended. I was also lucky enough to meet Road Runner and his crew, great guys and fun to drink with. Sunday morning -12F, a tit bit nipply. We headed back down 35 toward tourville, notre dam de rosaire, st damien to 549. All of 35 was excellent 90 miles worth. Down 549 to 547 over the mountains 4+ feet of snow and perfection. Back onto 55 west to Beaceville, a litle rough in Etchemin but once onto Beacueville territory 80+ mph. Headed south on 75 toward St. George on powerline come to a fence totally blocked off. At this point I'm not turning back. Good thing I met Road Runner the night before and got educated on the Road Runnin!! We jumped onto the road and I figured if we could go around the closure by the plowed road we could get back to the powerline, so about 5 miles later sure enough we find the trail and it's opened and groomed. All the way down 75 to the border was great. Back to the truck by 3:30 pm 231 miles for the day, 443 miles for the weekend. Great to get out December 8th and be able to do this type of riding. Hey Road Runner next time pack the Crown in a plastic bottle, I could have used a few belts of that!! I think they call that alcohol abuse!! And thanks for the education at Road Runner University, it was a great help on trail 75. We'll have to meet up and ride together sometime.

NH Vector

Kris

NH Vector's trip report - We left the Jackman clubhouse on Saturday morning and headed for the border. Once over the border trails in mid season form, 80+ mph down piston alley to Armstrong club. We were told at the clubhouse that 75 was closed north of St. George by Notre dam des Pins, so we headed up the 545 trail to Lac Etchemin. Most of 545 was Good except for about 15 miles thru St. Cyprien but we did pass the groomer and they were packing and filling. Once onto trail 55 conditions were Good to V Good except for the upper end like Road Runner has previously stated. Once we reached 35 we headed north east and decided to stay the night at Margot's and Gaetan's B&B 212 miles for the day. Awesome place and the hosts were excellent - highly recommended. I was also lucky enough to meet Road Runner and his crew, great guys and fun to drink with. Sunday morning -12F, a tit bit nipply. We headed back down 35 toward tourville, notre dam de rosaire, st damien to 549. All of 35 was excellent 90 miles worth. Down 549 to 547 over the mountains 4+ feet of snow and perfection. Back onto 55 west to Beaceville, a litle rough in Etchemin but once onto Beacueville territory 80+ mph. Headed south on 75 toward St. George on powerline come to a fence totally blocked off. At this point I'm not turning back. Good thing I met Road Runner the night before and got educated on the Road Runnin!! We jumped onto the road and I figured if we could go around the closure by the plowed road we could get back to the powerline, so about 5 miles later sure enough we find the trail and it's opened and groomed. All the way down 75 to the border was great. Back to the truck by 3:30 pm 231 miles for the day, 443 miles for the weekend. Great to get out December 8th and be able to do this type of riding. Hey Road Runner next time pack the Crown in a plastic bottle, I could have used a few belts of that!! I think they call that alcohol abuse!! And thanks for the education at Road Runner University, it was a great help on trail 75. We'll have to meet up and ride together sometime.

NH Vector

Kris

That is our route for next weekend. Looking forward to a dinner from Margot myself!!!

Thanks for the report

Thanks for your great reports & nice pics! :good:

It is greatly appreciated!!

As far for the clubs, some of them are closed.

I can not speak for others, but with regard to the Club St-Magloire, we expected after the response from the merger of the club!

But for next time, if you are cool or you need to go to the bathroom or a break, the door on the right side of the relais (in the cellar) is always open!

For Bellechasse snowmobile club, we have not yet found our ''dealer'' for the restaurant!

Good news! :yahoo:

Members voted yesterday to the merger of the club St-Magloire, Lac Etchemin, Saint Sabine as well as Saint-Justine.

The new name of this club is: "Le Club Motoneige des Etchemins''

Together we will be able to keep this area, including the Massif du Sud. :good:

RR! I was at the club house of Ste-Sabine around 12h45 :pardon:

We have to keep in touch next time, for sure!! :drinks:

All the best!!

quote name='NH Vector' date='Dec 10 2007, 12:08 PM' post='2681']NH Vector's trip report - We left the Jackman clubhouse on Saturday morning and headed for the border. Once over the border trails in mid season form, 80+ mph down piston alley to Armstrong club. We were told at the clubhouse that 75 was closed north of St. George by Notre dam des Pins, so we headed up the 545 trail to Lac Etchemin. Most of 545 was Good except for about 15 miles thru St. Cyprien but we did pass the groomer and they were packing and filling. Once onto trail 55 conditions were Good to V Good except for the upper end like Road Runner has previously stated. Once we reached 35 we headed north east and decided to stay the night at Margot's and Gaetan's B&B 212 miles for the day. Awesome place and the hosts were excellent - highly recommended. I was also lucky enough to meet Road Runner and his crew, great guys and fun to drink with. Sunday morning -12F, a tit bit nipply. We headed back down 35 toward tourville, notre dam de rosaire, st damien to 549. All of 35 was excellent 90 miles worth. Down 549 to 547 over the mountains 4+ feet of snow and perfection. Back onto 55 west to Beaceville, a litle rough in Etchemin but once onto Beacueville territory 80+ mph. Headed south on 75 toward St. George on powerline come to a fence totally blocked off. At this point I'm not turning back. Good thing I met Road Runner the night before and got educated on the Road Runnin!! We jumped onto the road and I figured if we could go around the closure by the plowed road we could get back to the powerline, so about 5 miles later sure enough we find the trail and it's opened and groomed. All the way down 75 to the border was great. Back to the truck by 3:30 pm 231 miles for the day, 443 miles for the weekend. Great to get out December 8th and be able to do this type of riding. Hey Road Runner next time pack the Crown in a plastic bottle, I could have used a few belts of that!! I think they call that alcohol abuse!! And thanks for the education at Road Runner University, it was a great help on trail 75. We'll have to meet up and ride together sometime.NH VectorKrisNH Vector, Good to see that your ride was a good one sunday, it was a little cool sunday am, but no mosquito's smashed into our shields though :yahoo: We really enjoyed connecting with the two of you guys and it would be great if we could connect sometime for a ride. Noticed from your report that you found the reroute around the block between st george and beauceville!!I already am working on secure packaging for the crown royal issue, its not fun crying when its that cold out, the tears freeze on the checks!!!Your comments on Gator and Margot are right on , great hosts, super food and conversation.Doo Braap, have a great time with them this weekend!Best regardsRRGator and Margot at the B& BSwitchback, we must try to connect next time aroundall the bestRR

Sorry for the previous post, Don't know what happened but it was a mess :lol: And I wasn't making up for the loss of the crown!

Try it again?

NH Vector,

Good to see that your ride was a good one sunday, it was a little cool sunday am, but no mosquito's smashed into our shields though :yahoo:

We really enjoyed connecting with the two of you guys and it would be great if we could connect sometime for a ride. Noticed from your report that you found the reroute around the block between st george and beauceville!!

I already am working on secure packaging for the crown royal issue, its not fun crying when its that cold out, the tears freeze on the checks!!!

Your comments on Gator and Margot are right on , great hosts, super food and conversation.

Doo Braap, have a great time with them this weekend!

Gator and Margot at the B& B

Switchback, we must try to connect next time around

all the best

RR

Sorry for the previous post, Don't know what happened but it was a mess :lol: And I wasn't making up for the loss of the crown!

Try it again?

NH Vector,

Good to see that your ride was a good one sunday, it was a little cool sunday am, but no mosquito's smashed into our shields though :yahoo:

We really enjoyed connecting with the two of you guys and it would be great if we could connect sometime for a ride. Noticed from your report that you found the reroute around the block between st george and beauceville!!

I already am working on secure packaging for the crown royal issue, its not fun crying when its that cold out, the tears freeze on the checks!!!

Your comments on Gator and Margot are right on , great hosts, super food and conversation.

Doo Braap, have a great time with them this weekend!

Gator and Margot at the B& B

Looking forward to relaxing in the 95 degree heat of Margot living room!!!

Switchback, we must try to connect next time around

all the best

RR

Just a quick update on the conditions in Chaudiere...

We left Ben Arnold on Tuesday AM (12/11) and headed north to the first clubhouse on 55 (Chez Vous?). From there, we took the connector over to 545 and eventually up to 55W to St Pamphile. 55 was excellent but was due for some grooming. In St Pamphile, we took 557 at the golf course and that trail was the best I have seen it until you get to Lac D'lEst.

The balance of 557 to 35 had many branches in the trail (but none to stop you). So that was a bit of a pain, but very passable.

35 was perfect and 526 to the Universal is as good as ever. We saw one sled on Tuesday.

Wednesday we shot out to Rimouski after a late start and some fresh snow. Very windy in the fields, but the trail is near perfect. One small detour around the river just before Rimouski. After lunch we went back the same was because the trail was so awesome. Saw 2 sleds on Wednesday.

Thursday we had to get back to the truck early so we rode 35 all the way to 55S. Boring as usual, but in excellent shape. 55 needed some grooming here and there due to 5-6in of new snow, but from Lac Etchemin, it was absolutely fantastic!

Then we rode the road (previous post) back down to 75. Trails much busier - maybe 6-8 sleds...

650 miles, worst trails maybe a 6, but 95% of trails are BETTER THAN ANYTIME LAST YEAR! And more snow coming!!

Happy trails and Guardez la Droit!!

GW

Great report GKW, sounds like you had a great trip, how was the prime rib at the Ben Arn?? That is the best prime rib in the north east!!

RR

Just a quick update on the conditions in Chaudiere...

We left Ben Arnold on Tuesday AM (12/11) and headed north to the first clubhouse on 55 (Chez Vous?). From there, we took the connector over to 545 and eventually up to 55W to St Pamphile. 55 was excellent but was due for some grooming. In St Pamphile, we took 557 at the golf course and that trail was the best I have seen it until you get to Lac D'lEst.

The balance of 557 to 35 had many branches in the trail (but none to stop you). So that was a bit of a pain, but very passable.

35 was perfect and 526 to the Universal is as good as ever. We saw one sled on Tuesday.

Wednesday we shot out to Rimouski after a late start and some fresh snow. Very windy in the fields, but the trail is near perfect. One small detour around the river just before Rimouski. After lunch we went back the same was because the trail was so awesome. Saw 2 sleds on Wednesday.

Thursday we had to get back to the truck early so we rode 35 all the way to 55S. Boring as usual, but in excellent shape. 55 needed some grooming here and there due to 5-6in of new snow, but from Lac Etchemin, it was absolutely fantastic!

Then we rode the road (previous post) back down to 75. Trails much busier - maybe 6-8 sleds...

650 miles, worst trails maybe a 6, but 95% of trails are BETTER THAN ANYTIME LAST YEAR! And more snow coming!!

Happy trails and Guardez la Droit!!

GW

Rode Chaudiere/BSL this past weekend. AWESOME!!! Jackman to RDL on Saturday was PERFECT. I have never seen TQ5 groomed so nice it was a perfect 10. TQ75, 545, TQ55, TQ35, 526 were only 9.5. Saw maybe 10 sleds on Saturday.

Sunday we headed back toward Lac Etchemin took 5 to 557 to 35 and it was a blizzard by the time we got to Pamphile. Couldn't see the stakes in the fields or even the trail on the power lines half the time. Lots of fun!!! Saw another 9-10 sleds...

Saturday we broke trail from Lac Etchemin back to Jackman. 1'-4" drifts the whole way. we did meet the groomer from Beauce a few miles out so we had a few miles of grooming. The rest was fresh untracked powder. Saw NO sleds all day.

A big thanks to Fauvo (SP?) from the Beauce clubhouse. He went out of his way to help us find the re-route for 75 south. Hopped on his Skandic SWT and led the way. The drifts were so deep even he got stuck!!! The new snow had completely covered all previous tracks and some signs. Without him we would still be driving around that highway mess trying to find it!!!!!

Then digging out the truck in the Jackman clubhouse was the price we had to pay for all that fun.

Rode Chaudiere/BSL this past weekend. AWESOME!!! Jackman to RDL on Saturday was PERFECT. I have never seen TQ5 groomed so nice it was a perfect 10. TQ75, 545, TQ55, TQ35, 526 were only 9.5. Saw maybe 10 sleds on Saturday.

Sunday we headed back toward Lac Etchemin took 5 to 557 to 35 and it was a blizzard by the time we got to Pamphile. Couldn't see the stakes in the fields or even the trail on the power lines half the time. Lots of fun!!! Saw another 9-10 sleds...

Saturday we broke trail from Lac Etchemin back to Jackman. 1'-4" drifts the whole way. we did meet the groomer from Beauce a few miles out so we had a few miles of grooming. The rest was fresh untracked powder. Saw NO sleds all day.

A big thanks to Fauvo (SP?) from the Beauce clubhouse. He went out of his way to help us find the re-route for 75 south. Hopped on his Skandic SWT and led the way. The drifts were so deep even he got stuck!!! The new snow had completely covered all previous tracks and some signs. Without him we would still be driving around that highway mess trying to find it!!!!!

Then digging out the truck in the Jackman clubhouse was the price we had to pay for all that fun.

Great report Doo Braap, you gotta love the variety of conditions when you get a nice snow storm involved :drinks:

RR

How to describe my day!

Simply fantastic, wonderful, amazing, great! A1++++++++

It was the first ride of my friend Serge!

He did not believe the quality of trails!! :wacko:

At the end of the day...........326km

Our run:

We start at St-Damien, trail R574 to go on the TQ35.

TQ35 to R545 St-Malachie.

St-Malachie to Lac-Etchemin on R545 until TQ55.

Mont-Orignal Ski Station

TQ55 through Ste-Sabine, St-Magloire, St-Pamphie, Tourville until the TQ35.

TQ35 to come back through, ND-Du-Rosaire, Armagh, St-Damien and finaly at home in St-Nérée :D

We did not belive the quality of the trails.....simply magnificent! :yahoo::good::tease:8)

Chaudière-Appalache rules!! :lol:

I do not know if the rest of the province have the same conditions that we have here..... if so, you have a lot of choice ti ride this years! :good::yahoo:

SB 2006 :hi:

2nd ride of saison. We left the Jackman clubhouse Friday 8:30 am and header to border, trail excellent all the way groomer has done a good job. Got thru customs and headed north on 75 to Beauceville, all the way to Bville trail flat and fast - watch out for deer though!!!. Stopped at Bville clubhouse for a p and then headed up 55 to St Sabine trail great all the way. From St Sabine we took the 547 up thru the mountains connected over to 549 via Massif Sud then over to 551 in St Paul Montminy. Lots of loose snow on this section but very flat, some rain will actually do these trails good and ad moisture so the base will freeze up. Ran the 35 rail line up to Andre's 540 relais for some fuel, once on 35 the coldfront came thru and the temp dropped to -4F. 35 was groomed the whole way. From 35 we took the 557 over to trail 5 in Saint Bruno, passed the groomer on 557. Once on 5 we cruised all the way to Riviere du Loup. 285 miles for the day. Stayed the night at the Universal, fueled the sleds up at the gas station next door very convenient, they even sell beer so I grabbed a 6er and off to the room we went. Showered up, called a taxi and went for dinner at the Cage aux Sports- good ribs and cold beer. Saturday a.m. we headed down 85- had breakfast at RDL clubhouse and continued on to trail 526 to the Pohenegamook clubhouse lots of snow thru this section. Got back onto 35 and headed down 30 miles to the 557 trail to St Pamphile, trail was excellent and 90 mph fast. At St Pamphile we took the 55 back down to 545 in Lac Etchemin. Can't figure out why St. Lucie and Lac Frontiere are not grooming. 55 was good all the way down. Once on 545 we cruised along at a good pace this trail was like night and day from 2 weeks ago. This time it was all groomed flat and no water, what a difference 2 weeks makes!! From 545 we grabbed 75 south back to Jackman. Good all the way back to Jackman clubhouse. 280 miles for this day. The amazing thing is that we probably only passed 30 sleds in 2 days. What a start to the season for me, before Christmas and I already have 1,010 miles on the ol vector. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody and hopefully we can meet up on the trails someday in the future.

NH Vector

I live in Vallée-jonction and i can tell you that we have a great beginning this year. I will try to post you pictures and report trails conditions as often as i can. I am supposed to ride with Switchback2006 this year, I was supposed to be with him saturday but my stomach didn't want to :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

After the rain!! :wacko:

Well on 189km today......more then 70% (+ ou -) of the trails are good in conditions.

Granular, hard back and frozen.

R547, R549, TQ35, TQ5.

Today in Pics:

TQ35

R547 Buckland

R547 ST-Damien

R547 In the Massif du Sud to go to St-Luc

R547 Buckland

R549 St-Philémon

TQ35

R549 St-Philémon

R547 ST-Damien

R547 St-Damien

R547 Massif du Sud

R547 St-Damien

R549 St-Damien...neer the golf cours

Unfortunately, I have no information for the 55, Ste-Sabine, St. Magloire and Lac Etchemin!

The 10 cm received, not been sufficient to cover the slabs of ice!

Hope to have more snow!!!

SB 2006 :hi: