Trails conditions!

Switchback 2006

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the report and photos of the good and bad.

Just got back from riding Jackman to Relais 540 and back.

Rode Friday and Sat.

Armstrong was great. They has some new new snow to cover the ice.

Took the 545 to Lac Etchimen. LOTS of washouts and a small river going over the trail. All passable but slow.

55 through St Sabine was great as usual..... It was flawless coming back Saturday...

55 up through Pamphile was real nice as fast. A couple of small washouts but nothing major.

TQ35 was fine.

We went 55 to 75 on Saturday. Coming in to Beauce there were a few washouts but again passable.

St Georges was aweful. Lots of washouts and real bumpy. A few real deep ones that we has to get creative to cross....

Once we got south of St Georges 75 was OK.

All told not a bad 425 miles. Just have to be real carefull not to hit one of those holes going fast!!

Hi Switchback nice to see the picture of our home Club House. St. Sabine (Club Mont Bonnet) is where we buy our passes and call our home base, Jane Mercier is great to deal with.

Do you know how the condition is now???

Is it getting colder and is there any new snow??

The Sudbury Sledder

Hi Switchback nice to see the picture of our home Club House. St. Sabine (Club Mont Bonnet) is where we buy our passes and call our home base, Jane Mercier is great to deal with.

Do you know how the condition is now???

Is it getting colder and is there any new snow??

The Sudbury Sledder

Hey Sudbury Sledder. We just passed through Sabine on Saturday. We are members there too... It was groomed very well all the way to Pamphile. The 30 miles east of Sabine was just perfect. No probelms near Pamphile either. Heading up the 55 to TQ 35 was also very very good. To the south the 545 needed work as well as the 75 near Beauce.

• 3 weeks later...
Also had a little shortage of fuel, Those 600 sdi XP's still have a spot on them to carry the gas can for the thirstier yamaha :pardon:

thats too funny RR, I put that fuel can on my attak and only used it once for the yamaha, the rest of the time for the doo's I was running with, Now I need 2 spare cans for my ski doo, it is very thirsty, oil and gas. but it has tons of HP lol

Dblack, How are you doing? Had a chance to get some riding in, I have noticed when riding the 800 XP's that they tend to be out of fuel before the yami, the 600sdi is a different story. Hope all is well

Best regards RR

PS Have you had a chance to run the trails in chaudierre this year, they are fantastic as usual.

Dblack, How are you doing? Had a chance to get some riding in, I have noticed when riding the 800 XP's that they tend to be out of fuel before the yami, the 600sdi is a different story. Hope all is well

Best regards RR

PS Have you had a chance to run the trails in chaudierre this year, they are fantastic as usual.

this weekend wil be the 1st since before xmas, by the way I believe you were standing in the window when I went buy that morning on my way to Quebec.

The 800r motor is thirsty for oil and gas, a little different then what I have been used to.

Only place I have riden, Beauceville to RDL and lots of trails in between.

db

Hi Qcriders!

Just to tell you that the trails in Chaudière-Appalche are FANTASTIC. :wacko: :yahoo::good:

It snowed every day of the week!. Just this week we received.. + or - 72 cm of new snow, and it continues today with the possibility of another 15 to 20 cm.

Come and have fun with us.

It's not the snow that is lacking here! :good:

Have a nice week-end!

SB 2006 :hi:

Great hope it holds up. Planning a trip 2/29-3/2 :good:

Hi Xeena!

Today feb.21.... the trail this morning was A1. The goomed last night!

They proclaim no rain with temperatures around -12 to 0 for the next 14 days!

If you want, we could ride together!

All the best!

Hi Xeena!

Today feb.21.... the trail this morning was A1. The goomed last night!

They proclaim no rain with temperatures around -12 to 0 for the next 14 days!

If you want, we could ride together!

All the best!

Driving to Plessisville Thursday night, will be riding towards Rivere Du Loop Friday Morning :good:

• 2 weeks later...
Well today, it's Evil storm! :wacko:

We will wait until the storm stops and we will groomer Monday in the day! The snow is hard!

For those who do off-trails...... :yahoo::good:

I will give news this week!

All the best!

Switchback,

How late in the season does your club groom?

In late March or early April. It depends on the snow melt.

Regarding for The Massif du Sud, last year I made my last ride on May 5, 2007.

Thanks,

We'll be heading to Riviere-du-Loup on Monday for 5 day's. Next year I have to check out your area, the pix's look great.

Jackstraw

Thanks,

We'll be heading to Riviere-du-Loup on Monday for 5 day's. Next year I have to check out your area, the pix's look great.

Jackstraw

You will have no probleme to ride to RDL next week.

We have recived...this week more or less 10cm.

Have a nice and safe ride!

Hey Switchback 2006, I plan on going to your area friday to sunday are the trails holding up??any area's I should stay away from? Thanx

I Plain!

Every trails have been groomed last night!

Right now, we have a storm....suppose to receive 20cm to 30cm. :yahoo::clapping:

So don't worry, you can ride until Gaspésie....if you want to! :good:

No rain at all here....juste snow! :pardon:

Pic from our off trail ride last sunday!

Let's ride!

All the best ! :hi: :hi:

• 2 years later...

THERE IS NO SNOW

Could be, but usually due to elevation-thedford mines has snow when areas close, like st marie don't. Just wondering if there were other issues, like reluctant farmers or open waters. Too bad we coudn't ship the 20" of snow got in Ct up North where it would be appreciated!! later