spring conditions ''really'' an

tamarac

so heres the scoop, lucien just came from senneterre on the 83 and he said it was great, we spoke to someone from parent and to latuque it was also great what you need to watch for is the mauser lake YOU MUST STAY ON THE MARKED PATH the is about 2ft on slush ont the river if you go off the trail, but with the cold lately there is open water but stay on the trail and you'll be ok. we still have about 2ft of snow in clova with just a couple of rough spot close to the cross roads enjoy will you can alll the alliance were groomed for the last time this season on saturday and sunday. sorry no other conditions for you have some friends coming up tonight ans saturday from just about every trail this way so i'll let you know....

Edited by tamarac

here some good news 'its snowing' yah, freeging snow YAHOO, groomers will be out after the storm wich should be wednesday or thursady should the snow continue, weatner report for us is 12 inches.....should the sled be put to bed already then we wish you a great summer and we hope to see you all next season i will keep you posted:

snowhite and big al

louvicour-clova 2 guys from ottawa region were up in clova yesterday and they said the 83 east was great, little soft in the corners but the rest was goood, micheal and eric ( fontbrune) can down from the resevoir guin today and it was also great fun, we sill have great trails up here to ride all thats missing is you...weather for this week is sunny +5< day and >-1 nightly some melting but still lots of snow, talk to u all soon......our prayers go out to 'lee' personnes concerned will know whom we mean...

Edited by tamarac

our groomer guy is in from parent ''alliance du nord'' he groomed last night from parent a nd tonight he will head back from clova..... he says there is 2.5 to 3ft of snow still in the trails only hick is the roads in and around town, with all the heavy travic the roads are almost down to muck but the trails are great. last grooming for our area this season, parent to fer a cheval also being groomed, so take advantage.....

snowhite

• 2 weeks later...

Are the trails open? I came down the A105Q towards Quebec...but from what I understand its all closed. I was breaking trail the whole way...so tempted!

I would not be surprised that this time of year the trail status could say "closed". However that could simply be a function of liability, I suspect if the club has stopped grooming they would list their trails as closed. Having a groomer go through an area on a regular basis throughout the season also identifies hazards (fallen trees, wash outs....etc) so if they are not grooming anymore the trails become listed as closed.