Summer Gathering #6 July 19 and 20 2013

Saguenay Bill

Hi All

That time again for our annual Summer Gatherin'. This is our 6th year.

Date: July 19 and 20, 2013

Where: Cannon Mountain View Motel and Pub

Room rate is $75 per room.

Call 603-823-9577 or email at info@cannonmtview.com

Frirday evening meal will be pizza, apps and a salad or you can order off the menu.

Saturday evening they will have a Prime Rib buffet starting at 7PM. Cost will be $20 per person.

They have 3 rooms with a King Size bed, 1 room with a Queen Size bed and the balance of the rooms have 2 double beds per room.

When you call or email be sure to mention that you are in the QuebecRider.com group in order to get the room rate of $75.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

I was thinking about bringing a keg to the gathering this year. I didn't quite have enough of the Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale last year for everyone to sample. I was in the local craft brews supplier the other day, I noticed the keg pricing, then the boggie wheels started turning. Not bad considering how much beer you get. I ought to bring one down to the gathering, that way everyone could enjoy.

I like the IPA's but then not everybody enjoys that kind of beer, nor do I want to bring a half spent keg back home. So here is a small poll I would like to start. Let's get some suggestions going, and see what the majority of us agrees is drinkable. I know they have access to a wide variety of tasty beer.

Let me know what you think, this is all subject to Bill's approval of course.

Hey folks,

I was thinking about bringing a keg to the gathering this year. I didn't quite have enough of the Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale last year for everyone to sample. I was in the local craft brews supplier the other day, I noticed the keg pricing, then the boggie wheels started turning. Not bad considering how much beer you get. I ought to bring one down to the gathering, that way everyone could enjoy.

I like the IPA's but then not everybody enjoys that kind of beer, nor do I want to bring a half spent keg back home. So here is a small poll I would like to start. Let's get some suggestions going, and see what the majority of us agrees is drinkable. I know they have access to a wide variety of tasty beer.

Let me know what you think, this is all subject to Bill's approval of course.

Hi George

I see no problem bringing a keg. Just a reminder that you can not bring an open container into the resturant area which includes the patio. I have a bucket, ice and blanket that the key can be put into to keep it cold.

Bill

Hi George

I see no problem bringing a keg. Just a reminder that you can not bring an open container into the resturant area which includes the patio. I have a bucket, ice and blanket that the key can be put into to keep it cold.

Bill

Excellent. Let's all agree to respect our hosts boundaries, and keep the beer off the patio after dinner. My plan was to grab a bucket stuff it with ice, slap a keg on there and head down. Keg should be tapped by noon on Saturday. Some fresh ice would great come later in the afternoon. Any votes on what kind of beer to bring? They have Switchback, and all kinds of tasty stuff.

Here is a list of what they have, the names in red take a little longer to get. I put the ones that sound good to me in bold. Let the votes roll!!!

AB Seasonal
Alexander Keith's
Bass
Beck's
Blue Moon
Budweiser
Budweiser Light
Budweiser Light Lime
Busch
Busch Light
Coors Light
Davidson Brothers
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA
DOS XX Amber
DOS XX Lager
Dundee Honey Brown Lager
Goose Island
Guinness Stout
Harpoon IPA
Hoegaarden
Keystone Light
Killians
Labatt Blue
Labatt Blue Light
Lagunitas IPA
Lake Placid UBU Ale
Long Trail Blackberry Wheat Ale
Magic Hat
Michelob Light
Michelob Ultra
Miller Lite
Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale
Otter Creek
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Red Hook
Rolling Rock
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Lager
Sam Adams Seasonal
Sapporo Lager
Saranac Adirondack Amber
Saranac Black Forest
Saranac Pale Ale
Shock Top
Shock Top Raspberry
Sierra Nevada
Smithwick's Irish Red Ale
Smuttynose IPA
Southern Tier 2X IPA
Southern Tier IPA

Stella Artois
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
Yuengling

Once again I will be at a big weekend racing event, so I will once again "regrettably" miss this illustrious event. I know that I am not worthy of having a vote on the kegs contents, but wanted to share that Switchback is the only correct answer. If the group follows my advice and decides that my selection was not up to standard, I will pay for it. Have a blast.

• 3 weeks later...

Ray,

Shannon & I are in. Just got off the phone from pulling the trigger on the keg. Magic Hat Elder Betty http://www.magichat.net/elixirs/elderbetty/ should be tapped no later than noon Saturday. C U guys there, looking forward to meeting more fellow QR members, and trading tales with the crew.

See you guys/gals there, bringing the brothers! and maybe Mini....

GutZ

the boys of central mass will be making our way there !!! ...I think even crazy snow will be following us up !!! see all of you there!!!! eddieskidoo

I am really sorry to say guys I had to cancel my reservations today, I really wish I could be there and meet everyone all over again, with out the snow suits'n helmets but life (family life) got in the way and well, family first sorry guys.

Anyways my room is up for grabs, it has a king bed in it and with the Gathering coming so close it will not be there very long, my gift to the last minute coming members.

I'll be there in spirit

JG

Where are the pictures of the festivities ?

i had a great time.. min gutz had a blast as well. lots of fun. thank you biteharder.com for the gift. :)