Where am I? Summer Edition

scorpionbowl

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Archambault in St.Donat

Ya but he wanted to know the name of the hotel. It's at the end of principal st on the left. Just bust'in your butt some. Hay gt do you have any pics off the dock to the left 11:00 a little bird told me of a look out.

Ya but he wanted to know the name of the hotel. It's at the end of principal st on the left. Just bust'in your butt some. Hay gt do you have any pics off the dock to the left 11:00 a little bird told me of a look out.

This is the best I have.

IMG_1645_zps5f02f254.jpg

Lake Archambault in St.Donat

You got it.

APot_zpseb573f68.jpg

I believe that hotel would be Le Manoir des Laurentides, I have stayed there several times and recognize the condos on the lake side.

La Cuillier du Pot, there was a Bombardier dealer on the other side of the parking lot (GT Rider post #184 1st pic) right beside the trail once upon a time.

That's over 20 years ago or more. Ever stay at the 2 pigeons relay near off guillaume st above town? Have stopped in years my self very good family

That's over 20 years ago or more. Ever stay at the 2 pigeons relay near off guillaume st above town? Have stopped in years my self very good family

Probably 10 years ago or so. I rented a Skidoo Rev from them in December 2003 to see if I would like the seating position before I bought one the following year.

Scott

Probably 10 years ago or so. I rented a Skidoo Rev from them in December 2003 to see if I would like the seating position before I bought one the following year.

Scott

You might be right. I recall way before that with family buying sleds but dont recall them after that. But I ran/run poo so.

Edited by rmk

This is the best I have.

IMG_1645_zps5f02f254.jpg

You got it.

APot_zpseb573f68.jpg

The dock is the municpal dock at the Quay of Parc des Pionniers just beside where the trail goes onto the lake. The new St-D ice rink is just across rue Hector Bilideau from the boat ramp.

Thad's and my place is only 300 yds from there, on the Pointe du Chateau.

La Cuillier du Pot, there was a Bombardier dealer on the other side of the parking lot (GT Rider post #184 1st pic) right beside the trail once upon a time.

Actually, Gaetan Aubin, the long time proprietor of the Pot at the time, built and owned that dealership (after a lot of encouragement from Bombardier). His son ran the biz. Had state of the art stuff for the time (hydraulic lifts in the shop, neat diagnostic stuff, big display area, etc). His son did not have much of a knack for running a snowmobile dealership.........they were out of business after 3 winters. Son moved down to Boisbriand and worked at the big GM plant till they shut it down. He is retired now.

The bank stepped in. Having to sell that dealership property, right next to the Pot, broke Gaetan's heart. Dealership went to St-Donat Marine, who have done very well with it.

All that stuff with the dealership happened just before Gaetan was instrumental in bringing the first "Snow Shoot" to St-D. (there were two Snow-Shoots {now called the Rode Reports} in St-D). I think all that hoopla had Gaetan a little giddy and was instrumental in him allowing Bonbardier to convince him that a doo dealership was just the ticket for his property.

You might be right. I recall way before that with family buying sleds but dont recall them after that. But I ran/run poo so.

Then you remember Richard when he had the Poo Dealership on rue Principale, together with his tool rental biz. I remember leaving the back of his shop at 2:30 AM with Richard and his brother, to go riding in the Parc when there was no-one else around on the trails. We'd race from the Caribou Parc Gate over to the St-Michelle relais, then back. Richard was a hair "derange" and held the throttle on his 600 wide open most of the time, though I must admit he was the best snowmobile rider I have ever riden with. The only thing that gave us pause was the occassional moose standing in the middle of the trail when we ripped around a corner. LOL

Our first trip to Quebec was to Saint Donat 1999. We stayed at The Pot. It was a great first impression. We were hooked from then on.

1st generation digital pics.

1999 600 Venture Triple

DCP_0373_zpsbb414416.jpg

Critter at the top of black mountain

DCP_0395_zps0bf97bd2.jpg

DCP_0422_zps563301f4.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

Then you remember Richard when he had the Poo Dealership on rue Principale, together with his tool rental biz. I remember leaving the back of his shop at 2:30 AM with Richard and his brother, to go riding in the Parc when there was no-one else around on the trails. We'd race from the Caribou Parc Gate over to the St-Michelle relais, then back. Richard was a hair "derange" and held the throttle on his 600 wide open most of the time, though I must admit he was the best snowmobile rider I have ever riden with. The only thing that gave us pause was the occassional moose standing in the middle of the trail when we ripped around a corner. LOL

I talking back in the 70's I recall a dealer in that area I may be getting mixed up but I dont think so