Ok let's talk Winter Gathering 2014.

crazysnow

Me and Bill were talking and thinking western Québec. Please give us your thoughts.
I was thinking Clova the first night and then Val-'d Or the "Forestel" the Second night....... I think Clova Can handle US if we book early. Look this is a great site and let's keep it going.

Edited by crazysnow

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second Clova, Tamarac's a nice spot for a Gathering, little out of the way for driving in but riding in would be the start of a trip.

Forestel nice hotel too and can handle a big gang............and there's the Red Light.

Call it John so we can begin reserving.

Location sounds good the family and I will be at the rabaska over New years. Is a tentative date say 10th of January possible? Would save me more air line tickets.

Or you could stay until March! That would also save on airline tickets.

Jan. 10th is a little early snow depth and connectivity could be a problem that early, unless they get dumped on early like last year.

Or you could stay until March! That would also save on airline tickets.

Jan. 10th is a little early snow depth and connectivity could be a problem that early, unless they get dumped on early like last year.

I like the march idea. The snow will be fine its left me down 5 times just signage might be touch and go

Side note I was near your place on the 4th cabella's and candy's ice cream stop on rt61 by the hardware store truevalue

Edited by rmk

I like Clova and Val D'or as well. I might suggest that the start be Mt Laurier to Clova and then Val D'or. Its easy for people to get to Mt Laurier. Clova by truck is likely an adventure which we all like but..... The run by sled is doo able and then if people wanted they could loop down from Val D'or to Mt Laurier, a bit longer of a run but for die hards can be done in a day. From past experience early January would be pushing to get decent trails.

My .02 cents

Mike

I'm In or should I say We are in.

We are thinking of riding in, so we/I am already looking over the maps trying to find a snow suit rental place.

Any Suggestions?

GutZ

I suggest you go put your snow suit in the trailer tonight, then you don't have to worry about it! :drinks:

I suggest you go put your snow suit in the trailer tonight, then you don't have to worry about it! :drinks:

Good idea, where did I put the trailer? hmmm I should put a flag on it or something....

If I had a say on dates, mid-late Jan or early-mid March.

Just my .02us or my .0198can

GutZ

I like the march idea. The snow will be fine its left me down 5 times just signage might be touch and go

Side note I was near your place on the 4th cabella's and candy's ice cream stop on rt61 by the hardware store truevalue

Cabela,s is 20 minutes from my house, Candy's is right across the highway from Tom Schaeffers RV & the TruValue is Kuzans hardware. Yep you were pretty close!

I was thinking 3rd or 4th week of Feb. would be a good week for the gathering

I like Clova and Val D'or as well. I might suggest that the start be Mt Laurier to Clova and then Val D'or. Its easy for people to get to Mt Laurier. Clova by truck is likely an adventure which we all like but..... The run by sled is doo able and then if people wanted they could loop down from Val D'or to Mt Laurier, a bit longer of a run but for die hards can be done in a day. From past experience early January would be pushing to get decent trails.

My .02 cents

Mike

What's up doo4adoo Mt Laurier is a great start it's probably what I'm going to do . I'm sure everybody will start from different places that be your choice .. look forward to seeing you

Looks like everybody so far likes " CLOVA " so I think we should lock that In .... I talked with Carole from the Tamarac and they have room for 21 people with their own bed ....if you wear a wig with your parthner there's room for 28 sharing a bed and there's also the Auberge Clova " the old school house " walking distance from the Tamarac and they can sleep about 30 I'm not to sure about that # and they also have big cabin for rent that sleeps 15 or 16 I'm working on the dates

I've got a 79' Jag, We just have to give you a 2 hour head start every morning!

Jim : It would be better than what I have...

That's some funny sh*t there Jim!

Hey Phil------You up at Lake Wally this summer?

Tom

Tom: We will be there this weekend then I wont be back till 8/23 weekend. Lots going on.

Ok. Friday January 24 in clova at the Tamarac it is ! Sorry guys hope the date works it's hard to please everybody.

Tamarac's # is 1 (819) 662 3319. Remember early bird gets the worm. five rooms are booked already. Thinks Snow !