75 = 76.01

80 = 81.08

85 = 86.15

90 = 91.22

95 = 96.28

$ US Dollar (USD)

Canadian Dollar (CAD)

Friday, December 7, 2007

perhaps even more important than the exchange rate is what you actually pay for a canadian dollar, in other words, the commision. At my bank Friday the 7th a canadian dollar cost $1.05 US. Can anyone beat that?

That's why I use an ATM machine.j

Mark :drinks:

perhaps even more important than the exchange rate is what you actually pay for a canadian dollar, in other words, the commision. At my bank Friday the 7th a canadian dollar cost $1.05 US. Can anyone beat that?

This weekend, we used the us dollar , most everyone was good with that at par. We did not bother to convert.

fyi

RR

I had tried using the card, but found that although the exchange rates were competitive, the fees charged were rather exorbanent and I would frankly rather just pay cash. I too remember when going to Canada to ride for a long weekend, including gas and food was $500 and that was livin' it up! Gas was a LOT cheaper and the dollar worth so much more! Who says the "olden days" weren't better!? :p The sleds may be more sophisticated with better engines and suspension, but boy has the price sure jumped across the board! :shok:

Feds just drop the lending rate, might be a good idea to exchange some $ now before it de - values more. :sad:

FYI - just returning from a mid-week Chaudiere trip and we rode from St Georges to Riv D Loup. At the Petro Canada station next to the Universal, we bought $72 CDN worth of gas and I gave her $80US. She said she needed an additional $.25 or some number. I explained to her that the exchange was basically even and she insisted that was not the case.

So I gave her my Visa (and they paid 3%).

Just be aware that there may be some variety in exchange rates this season.

On a better note, the trails are fantastic and we saw about 10 sleds in 3 days of riding!

GW

FYI - just returning from a mid-week Chaudiere trip and we rode from St Georges to Riv D Loup. At the Petro Canada station next to the Universal, we bought $72 CDN worth of gas and I gave her $80US. She said she needed an additional $.25 or some number. I explained to her that the exchange was basically even and she insisted that was not the case.

On a better note, the trails are fantastic and we saw about 10 sleds in 3 days of riding!

GW

GKW, looks like it will be hit or miss on the money at par exchange, I suppose each business has its own Policy. As mentioned early, we didn't have any problem, but we did gas up at the Petro before the Universal.

Great to hear that your trip went well, the conditions are prime!!

RR

GW

Good to see you got out already Gary. We are doing that ride tomorrow. Hopefully the trails are still fantastic. What route did you take???