Haute Gorges in Charlevoix.

iceman

Don't get caught in there, it is patrolled and off limits to sleds.

(quote name="Jackstraw" post="38753" timestamp="1391080715"]Does anyone know where the park road goes from Haute Gorges?

The road almost looks like a groomed trail, does it dead end?

Or possibly go to Du ravage?

We where looking to take the new trail, dotted line to du ravage

We talked to a group that came down it with a guide.

Sounds like a rough goat path but scenic . Maybe another time

The guys at the Ravage speak English they can probably answer your questions. We went to Ravage for the first time last week. Great stop for lunch or to stay.

I have buddies on there way there tonight as I type. I was suppose to go with but it wasn't in the cards. One of my favorite places to stay. Yes you can take the dotted trail. Last time we were at Ravage the guide was in there. Turns out we stayed at his place the night before and my buddies there now stayed at his place last night. Very nice place.

http://www.gite-aventures-quebec.com/forfaits-en.php

post-98-0-13101800-1391097963_thumb.jpg

I have buddies on there way there tonight as I type. I was suppose to go with but it wasn't in the cards. One of my favorite places to stay. Yes you can take the dotted trail. Last time we were at Ravage the guide was in there. Turns out we stayed at his place the night before and my buddies there now stayed at his place last night. Very nice place.

http://www.gite-aventures-quebec.com/forfaits-en.php

attachicon.gifDu Ravage.jpg

I saw someone mention this place here or on HCS. Never heard of it but looks very cool. Something new to look forward to next time up. Is there an unpublished local trail that leads to Expe?

I saw someone mention this place here or on HCS. Never heard of it but looks very cool. Something new to look forward to next time up. Is there an unpublished local trail that leads to Expe?

I am not sure about a trail to Expe. We drove right there and stayed the night. Then the next morning we followed the owner up the road to a gated parking area. We left from there for a 4 day saddlebag trip. When we returned there was a phone in a building and called them up and they came and opened the gate. :bc:

5-Star off-trail, looks interesting!...

www.lacmoreau.com/ete/activites/motoneige.aspx

The Hostel in the heart of the Outfitter is easily accessible. A well developed road allows you to get there with your trailer. While you enjoy the pleasure of snowmobiling, companion, family and friends can join you car by the road to the Inn.

backcountry snowmobiling

For the more adventurous, the true experience of snowmobiling in Québec is carried away from the slopes, surrounded by nature. Come explore the vast and pristine wilderness Outfitter, go near frozen lakes and enjoy a pure winter landscape.

Welcome to the world of snowmobiling!

The territory of Moreau Lake Outfitters is the kingdom of snowmobilers. Off-track season begins on the first weekend in December and continues until April 15. Annual precipitation is exceptional. For example, in winter 2009 - 2010, rainfall reached 18 feet. With the same snow conditions that Monts-Valin, this is the outfitter you enjoy the most abundant snow and the longest season of snowmobiling in Quebec.

Technical data Snowmobiling at Lake Outfitters Moreau is:
  • Several miles of trails
  • Large and wilderness
  • Snowmobiles
  • Hiking with or without guide
  • 5 star inn warm

The (dotted line)trail to lac Moreau (Ravage) is not recommended at this time without a guide according to local info we got yesterday. There is a trail that is about 50% goat path to get the Relais des Haute Gorges, it's accessed from TQ 3 not too far south of the TQ3/TQ83 intersection. The trail is marked with single stakes with arrows, the trail eventually dumps you out on the park road about a mile or 2 from the park gate and the motel is just outside the gate.