Weather Reports?

800steve

Ok kids few pointers from a none sleeder, but from a residente out here in clova, yes obedjiwan is big, but its also a indien reserve (dry) there is gas but remember in these remote areas when sometimes the only phone line is by satelite the debit machines don't always work, so bring some cash...... for the gaz. It is not dangerous to go on the reserve but its not a place to go and visit around the town, the ride on the resevoir is more than Worth it thou. When i last spoke to Matin they assured me that the trail leading from there place to the reserve would be groomed and marked, the other half towards the goin outfitters will not be their responsibility. Should any body want to have a guide for this trail i'm sure that the martin will do it, for how much..$......regarding it being marked off in the last couple of years you are right it was not done, the martin doesn't get any founding for this trail so when he has a slow winter i understand him not wanting to do it. He is out of rage for electricity so everything works on generators so when he gets no customers i understand his reluctency to open it up. But i think that this year if we can get people to stop in for gaz, for convenience store buying and maybe even some lunches then that could help out, should you decide to go there and have lunch or even hire ghyslain as your trip guide let me know and i will hook you up. There are 2 big major advantages of going with a guide, 1 he knows how to get there, really get there safe and secure, 2 he knows the local so getting lunch while your there or anything else is so much easier when your with somebody that is known. I was there in the summer vtt and yes it was more than Worth it.

oh and by the way we've being in a somewhat sedate snow storm for the last 3 days, with about 6'' on the ground........

ya hooooooo

snowhite

Edited by tamarac

I am always happy to pay a guide! And always support the local business. If we don't, they won't be there long.

I'd love to do a trip to Obedjiwan if anyone is planning such an adventure and looking for another rider or partner for the trip. Just PM me. I did my first trip to the area last winter (Ferme Neuve, Clova, Val Dor, Manawaki, etc) and it was an awesome time and met such great people. Cannot wait to go back.

I promise I'm easy to get along with and capable. And that's not just my mother talking :)

O

• 2 weeks later...