New Trail?

scorpionbowl

".hopefully FCMQ will wake up and do the same with " le sentier des draveurs" (woodrunner trail) on Lépine road. At least to make it part of the trail network."

Agreed 100% its a great connector there for the area. Should be federalized for sure.

Edited by iceman

• 1 month later...

We had a plan to take that trail and loop up 386 to val d or but 85 km not groomed so we are going to change plans also no relay or gas in between

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, new to this site, found it through dootalk.

Due to the changes in the fcmq site, i've been looking for some new sources for quebec trail conditions.

Has anyone done this run this year from swisha to temiscaming? i ride with a couple of 800 cats and not sure on the margin for error.. how well is the new trail marked? would hate to run out, but my etec is usually good for 150 miles on a tank

thank you.

That trail is very straight forward and the only game in town very hard to screw up also very fast running high speed is the order of the day.

• 1 month later...

just did this run on Sunday, trailered to the Swisha and unloaded on the other side of the bridge on dumoine road.

Trail was fantastic, and was 118 miles from the bridge to the Crevier fuel station in Kipawa, then another 9 to the Canadian restaurant in Temiscaming.

We only passed 2 other groups of sleds all day, and the conditions were fast, about 3 hours/ 127 miles.

Glad I found this website to get information on this area..

Is there fuel on this trail between Temiscaming and swisha at camp dragon ? Looking to do this run on Thursday this week.

trail no longer goes by camp dragon. fill up at Kipawa and if you can't go at least 125 miles on a tank, bring fuel.

Walking with snowmobile gear on sucks!!

New snow since first of this week. Roads all snow covered. Looks like 3 to 4i inches fresh snow since Sunday.

Nice... we're coming up Saturday morning.

When you leave the canadienee, you go down the hill and turn right on the trail. About 50 feet later, turn left towards rapides de joachim.

Cross Kipawa lake and stay inside the pegs.

Did the trail today to swisha via lac kipawa, then north to val dor for dinner, then to Amosphere for the night. Lots of new snow ( some trails we were breaking a foot of snow )everywhere and a very hard day on fuel. Total km's today 730.