The Skipper

Here are a few shots from this weekend

St Magloire club house: Chaudierre

The trail near the hydro dam on 5 before trois pistols: Bas St Laurent

A Water crossing on 518 near ST Eugene: Bas St Laurent

Trail 557 near ST Omer: Chaudierre

Very nice conditions for Dec 8-9

RR

Please do your posts in the proper area in the subforums.

Thank you.

Mid range,

I think that is a good idea, to keep the trail condition posts to the regions. I had posted some condtions in the chaudierre and bas st laurent regions last night. One thing that popped up was as I was doing this was that typically many of us run several different regions in one trip.

So the challenge becomes when we do extended runs with many regions encountered during the runs. Do we post trail conditions and trip reports in one region at a time and break the trip up in regional segments or do we copy the same report in each segment that we run. It does seem redundant to repost the trip report in another segment but breaking up the report by section kind of looses the flow of the trip?

Not a big deal, and I do believe that the trip posts belong in segments not in general discussion, curious if there is a solution to tie segments together for the extended runs?

Best regards

RR

Mid range,

I think that is a good idea, to keep the trail condition posts to the regions. I had posted some condtions in the chaudierre and bas st laurent regions last night. One thing that popped up was as I was doing this was that typically many of us run several different regions in one trip.

So the challenge becomes when we do extended runs with many regions encountered during the runs. Do we post trail conditions and trip reports in one region at a time and break the trip up in regional segments or do we copy the same report in each segment that we run. It does seem redundant to repost the trip report in another segment but breaking up the report by section kind of looses the flow of the trip?

Not a big deal, and I do believe that the trip posts belong in segments not in general discussion, curious if there is a solution to tie segments together for the extended runs?

Best regards

RR

Good post RR........

I agree it could be challenging when you are covering more than one area,especially with trip reports.Let's use the common sense.Admins have created the subforums.Let's use them.Any post regarding a specific area should be posted in that specific area.But I understand what you mean.I think we are doing pretty good so far.

What others has to say???

The reason I put the original post under the "trail condition pictures" topic is that most Quebec riders that are south of the border will travel to where the best conditions are. This way you do not have to look under every sub forum to see conditions for Quebec. Just my thoughts.

I like the saddlebagging sub-forum idea. But either way I scower the site every night for fresh updates, but for the most part the pics. Can't wait to get out there and start posting some fresh pics myself.

More green indicators on the fmcq site today then there was mid January last year, let's hope it keeps up this way. :drinks:

Here's a pic from last year...just couldn't help myself

Perhaps Quebec province could be quarted into 4 regions, Northwest of the river, north east of the river, southeast of the river ect. : with the specific sections currently listed under each specfic region. Those that run in the whole region could post their trips in this section, more specific info like club info, motels, specific trail info could be guided into the specific sections uner each region??

Keep the ideas flowing, I think will come up with blend that will work.

RR

Perhaps Quebec province could be quarted into 4 regions, Northwest of the river, north east of the river, southeast of the river ect. : with the specific sections currently listed under each specfic region. Those that run in the whole region could post their trips in this section, more specific info like club info, motels, specific trail info could be guided into the specific sections uner each region??

Keep the ideas flowing, I think will come up with blend that will work.

RR

:good:

What about simply a "Trip or Saddlebag Form"?? Members could go there to post about their multi region trips. If you had a trip only in one area ie. the Gaspe, then post it in the regional form.

smclelan, Sounds like the saddlebag forum could work, perhaps try that for the first month or so and see how that develops?

RR