outaouais riding 2013-2014

sledheadRMK

New member here. Happy to have found this forum. Lookin to put on lots of kms this year and always happy to meet new people. Would be great to try and organize some get togethers, and thrash some trails!

I noticed there's not to many people commentig inn this regional section in a while so hopefully we can get something going here. French or english, doesn't matter! We all have one thing in comon, sleddin is a way of life :)

Welcome sledheadrmk, I am west of Montreal and sled a lot in the Outaouais region, I also have a place in Duhamel for stop overs and begin rides from. Be happy to share some trails with you.

JG

Right onn! Hows the riding in papineau? Never been down there on a sled. Only to hunt. I'm in maniwaki and have lots of room in my driveway for trucks/trailers. The trail is about 100ft from my house :)

welcome aboard my friend

Thanks bud! I see your from cantley. My brother recently bought a house on mont joel road. Was wondering where the nearest trail access is for you? Most of the time we trailer from my place in maniwaki or start here. But would be nice to leave from his area if possible sometime.

Beautiful! The smaller lakes in the maniwaki area have started to freeze over. Along with the eagle river. 6-8 inches fell in the area with more reported to the south. Like you said mid range. If the weather keeps cold, which it appears to be doing, we should have a great season!

• 2 weeks later...

Rode 180 miles yesterday…no traffic at all…stayed away from the main trails. Maniwaki to Grand-Remous was so so. 322 til the classic was in very good shape except the portion in the hydro power lines. Classic towards Le Domaine was freshly groomed although we didn’t go all the way up to le domaine. TQ 63 was like a hardwood floor. We backtracked at lepine road and took 322 towards lac tortue. Broke the trail with a good 8-9 inches upon the trail. It was very smooth. There is some logging near lac desert area. Plowed road for 10-15 kms but no sand(at least for the time being). Eagle forest area was in top shape until Lac Cayamant. 308 between lac cayamant and Gracefield was brutal in some spots. Lots of snow in the ZEC Brascoupé-Désert. Gracefield to Maniwaki on the railroad bed was 6/10. Met the groomer on the railroad bed in Maniwaki he was heading south.

Overall we can’t complaining on the trail conditions for december

pic from eagle forest on 308 saturday december 21st 2013

101_0020_zps1b876a99.jpg