outaouais riding 2013-2014

sledheadRMK

Great update! My sled has been out of commission (busted trailing arm) for a week today. With 8-10 inches fallen in the last few days it burns not to be out riding. The ours Blanc club meeting went very well. Will be operating at 100% shortly. Trail pass sales are higher than average. And all groomers operational and grooming regularily. Motion was passed to share trails with atvs in the baskatong area (formerly split) this year, in the sections that require it only. Hope to be out again soon. Happy to hear midrange is taking advantage of the conditions!

Ride on!

nothing yet....but it' just a matter of days..probably shortly after xmas or new years day.

Sounds great Midrange.....could you keep an eye out on Lac 31 Milles Isles, that lake is my connection to your area from mine.

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta love snowmobiling riding under these conditions. Anyhow, been riding locally the last few days (slightly over 600 miles)and so far we are spoiled this year. Trails are in very good shape. Mid winter conditions.

Rode the new portion of TQ 13/63 between Grand-Remous and Mont-Laurier. We are ending up on local trail 228 (I think) or 225 near Devil’s mountain area. Nice trail but shared with atv’s for 3 kms. Last week signage was minimal.

Best trails so far this year is 308 (eagle forest) and 322(Zec Brascoupé-Désert) up to the classic.

Too cold to take pics….I tried but the batteries died on me.

Unfortunately....lakes are not staked yet. Too much snow and slush upon them.Snow is acting as an insulator so ice is having a hard time tickening. Here I am talking of trail 322 over Blue Sea lake and Baskatong reservoir.

322 in Bouchette area remains closed. Some idiots rode with their sleds on a private property over cross country trails. Bang!!! right of way loss.

Any word on if the 322 in Bouchette will be open this year? That's my lifeline to the trail system from our place on Lac Roddick.

as reported on the club facebook page....volunteers are working on relocating 322 in Bouchette area due to right of way loss caused by irresponsible sledders.