Inn La Rocaille

gizz

Anyone ever start/stop from here? I've never heard of them but looking for a secure starting/stopping location for our trips and our rig. They claim to have secure parking and the location would be a good starting point.

PM me if you don't want to post it on here.

Do they claim to be on a trail? I am Pretty sure there is no trail into that section of Grand Mere. Never seen one. The place seems nice(never been just driven by by car) but i think you would be all dressed up and no way to get out of there by sled.

I'll be in Grand Mere tomorrow, i will bring the GPS with trak maps 5 and see where the nearest trail is to the hotel there.

This is one of the many reasons this site is # 1 !!!!

It's members are awesome and go out of their way to help!

No, I'm believing you and I think i'll pass on it.

There are other places to stay that definitely have access.

I feel bad for those places that don't, im sure they have good intentions

We have been leaving from the Escapade the last few years, they do have a locked corral for the trucks. It's ashame Richard isn't opening again this year, that was always our starting point.

Close

Looks like M-1 is the closest trail .... near the 223 exit

Yes for sure.

Close but yet so far.

You need to go through town there and cross some busy roads to get to it not sure it is really worth the effort.

Not to mention Police probably not gonna just look away if they see you doing it.

We have been leaving from the Escapade the last few years, they do have a locked corral for the trucks. It's ashame Richard isn't opening again this year, that was always our starting point.

Yep, waiting for Richard to reopen someday. One of my favorite places. Friendly, comfortable, nice little bar, great food. Jackstraw, I think you may have been the person who hooked me up with Richard a few yrs back.

Edited by gizz

Close

Yes for sure.

Close but yet so far.

You need to go through town there and cross some busy roads to get to it not sure it is really worth the effort.

Not to mention Police probably not gonna just look away if they see you doing it.

Thanks for the help!

I would've never questioned it and there I might've been.....blocks for the trail

Appreciate you guys up there for the help you provide.

No Worries,

Glad to try and help.

It was not that long ago(well I guess it is now) that i was wondering if the info I would get from calling here and there was worth the 8hr drive up to QC to sled. Now with internet for sure is much easier to find out what is real and what is fictional, conditions wise and other things sled related.