Update St. Zenon

iceman

From french forum......

Trails took a beating with rain and warm. One person said they received a call from Le Cabanon telling them not to bother coming this weekend for his reservation. The trail is impassable with rocks showing in many places.

Nice of them to call to tell them not to bother going.

Still early and should be some snow monday and colder next week.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from Lionel at La Glaciere a little while ago, he says 8 inches of new snow and still snowing, groomer was on 63, it's supposed to get cold tonight and I am thinking of heading up in the morning for a couple of days to "scratch the itch" anyone want to head up and ride with me ? My usual riding partners can't get away at the drop of a hat like I can

• 1 month later...

This is all second hand information so take it as that!

Just got off the phone with Le Cabanon. I did not talk to Dennis! I talked to the person at the front desk and that person has informed me that all the people that come back from riding today, that she talked to said the trail are good in this area.

I will wait another day before I decide to continue as planned or head farther north.

I have a report from someone who rode there today that said the same thing. Main problem is anything that was plowed is all ice. I just saw though calling for more showers tuesday

Try to talk with Dennis or Donna, they are the owners and Dennis heads up the groomer central for the club!!

Diane is Denis's wife, Isabelle their daughter actually started running the business a few years ago but they are still usually there in winter to help out. One thing is for sure they will not steer you wrong they have told many people to stay home when conditions were bad

Does anyone know if trails are rideable? I think as soon as temps drop back below freezing...groomers can really firm up the slushy snow...hopefully. Anyone hear about area around St Donat? Heading up there in two weeks. Looks like only light snow is forecast....but hopefully that changes. Light snow is better than rain though any day. I don't expect great trails right now.....but rideable would be ok. Any updated info would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if trails are rideable? I think as soon as temps drop back below freezing...groomers can really firm up the slushy snow...hopefully. Anyone hear about area around St Donat? Heading up there in two weeks. Looks like only light snow is forecast....but hopefully that changes. Light snow is better than rain though any day. I don't expect great trails right now.....but rideable would be ok. Any updated info would be appreciated.

Everything Ive heard is the trails are good in this area. Plowed roads are a sheet of ice. I will be there Wednesday evening, so I will find out 1st hand.

I used this one

http://snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions

It shows the same thing. Going to do something simple day 1 and then try to do an overnight bag trip to Windigo day 2 & 3. We will see how it goes. Tired of looking at the new sleds sitting in the trailer! I have to try to get them out.

Everything Ive heard is the trails are good in this area. Plowed roads are a sheet of ice. I will be there Wednesday evening, so I will find out 1st hand.

Thanks Dave, keep us posted on conditions, I will be up next Thursday, enjoy the new sleds!

I just spoke with my friend Lionel who owns La Glaciere, he says there are some people from Ohio as well as others staying there and they have been riding the last few days and report good conditions, some snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon. That's all I needed to hear, I am headed up in the morning for a few days with or without my usual riding partners, hopefully I can find someone to ride with because I prefer not to ride alone but will do so if necessary. Mark

The trail base is safe for sure, but we need cold ASAP to freeze this back. A big chance we had alot snow before those thaws...

As soon as it will freeze back, the groomers will work the trails and we should be back fully operational quickly. Because cold not seems to hit hard before the weekend, some trails over water plan may need few days before being ready again like St-Maurice river or Archambault lake in St-Donat..

I'm confident to have the trails network back on the track for the weekend...

Alain

I just spoke with my friend Lionel who owns La Glaciere, he says there are some people from Ohio as well as others staying there and they have been riding the last few days and report good conditions, some snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon. That's all I needed to hear, I am headed up in the morning for a few days with or without my usual riding partners, hopefully I can find someone to ride with because I prefer not to ride alone but will do so if necessary. Mark

Mark, we are staying right up the road, and will arrive tomarrow afternoon. If you are going up alone and want to ride with someone you are welcome to ride with us! PM me if interested.

Have fun all and do a snow dance when you get up there. I am heading up 1/25 and hopefully we get some cold...snow....and no more rain! Please send a trail update if you can once you ride around. Again...if anyone rides St Donat let me know how those trails are too. Thanks all.

Anyone have any reports on trail conditions?

Talked to a friend tonight who is in St. Zenon. Today they rode the 345 to M20 was excellent came back up 360 from Riviere Mattawin was very smooth a little harder but no problems with overheating or lubrication. He says trails are all very good some icy corners but very low traffic

We are supposed to stay in St Donat next Saturday (10 days from now)...and a few days at Bazinete. I am hoping more snow falls. I have seen posts that some are changing their plans on riding Quebec and are going UP Michigan. Problem is I already have a Chalet paid for in St Donat....and a deposit down at Bazinete. Do I wait to see what the trails will be like in 10 days...or try to get refund and head to UP Michigan. Not really looking to trailer 13 hours....but better than trailering 10 hours for nothing.

We are supposed to stay in St Donat next Saturday (10 days from now)...and a few days at Bazinete. I am hoping more snow falls. I have seen posts that some are changing their plans on riding Quebec and are going UP Michigan. Problem is I already have a Chalet paid for in St Donat....and a deposit down at Bazinete. Do I wait to see what the trails will be like in 10 days...or try to get refund and head to UP Michigan. Not really looking to trailer 13 hours....but better than trailering 10 hours for nothing.

A lot can happen in 10 days, but if you can get a full refund then ok, always can go back if they get a snow,

We are going next Thursday to Bazinet, saddlebagging for 4 days, taking a chance!

Keep your eye on the weather for a few more days regarding St Donat. Seems they need more than a few dustings to be back in business but a 15 cm snowfall would probably give them enough. Judging by the Zenon reports Bazinet is probably good now.

If you have to switch maybe you can work a deal with the chalet. Split it, request a credit etc. I've rented chalets for years in QC until last years theft and have had to work deals once or twice. We never paid in full though before arriving, usually a deposit or half. The group splits the loss and goes where the snow is. C'est la motoneige.