December 20, 21 355 mile ride, La Glacier

markusvt

We headed up for a quick ride as this area is very close to us. We headed up in the AM and got on the trail by noon. Thursday was a 140 mile ride. We did a nice loop out towards Kubecs, and back via Cabanon and back to La-Glacier. All of it was pretty darn nice. The area has been receiving a ton of snow. We ran into Dennis out there marking the trails by himself.

Sunday was a loop out the long way to Cabanon, then out to Repos, then back down the 33 into St-Michael, than back to Cabanon and the short way back to Le-Glacier for 215 miles. It was really, really nice. Ton's of snow out there and no traffic. 33 is open and groomed the whole way this year.

Locals were saying the most snow this time of year since 2004!

We found everything very nicely groomed and a fresh coating of snow. Fuel on the trail varied from 1.58 to 1.90 a liter.

post-464-0-40842500-1387853964_thumb.jpg

post-464-0-20711100-1387853968_thumb.jpg

Good info thanks. The last time I met you was at the Holiday Inn in Jonquiere probably 2009 or 10, while I was on their computer checking trail conditions. Chris and I had Doo 1200's and you were talking about the trails in Mt Valin not having a single piece of un-moguled real estate.

Edited by Pipeman

Yes, no amount of grooming can keep up with the traffic that the mountain gets sometimes. There was a time very few folks went up there, not anymore........

Good info thanks. The last time I met you was at the Holiday Inn in Jonquiere probably 2009 or 10, while I was on their computer checking trail conditions. Chris and I had Doo 1200's and you were talking about the trails in Mt Valin not having a single piece of un-moguled real estate.

Yep. I haven't ridden that area in the last 3 years because of that, I stay central, north and western QC mostly. Who knows though maybe this year I will give it a go again. In fact leaving on 1/2 until the 12th so we may head into the area but leaning towards leaving from Shawinigan area and over to the Gaspe