Pilot Skis

Skidoofus

I am not sure the outside carbide does a whole lot except smash in to rocks on the side of the trail. SkiDoo does not even install a second carbide on the 08 Pilots....

I use a 6" on both. When the center one wears I just swap them. Kind of a spare carbide carrier....

I am not sure the outside carbide does a whole lot except smash in to rocks on the side of the trail. SkiDoo does not even install a second carbide on the 08 Pilots....

I use a 6" on both. When the center one wears I just swap them. Kind of a spare carbide carrier....

Well said!!!

I think the 6" is enough on plain tracks, but for studded tracks I like more carbide. If you purchased an upgrade in skis for added cornering ability why not go all the way, and put some 8's on it. I have pilot skis on my sled, with 144 studs on the track, last year I had 8 inches of carbide and really got some bite in the corners, the middle gets used much more than the outside, if at all as mentioned befor hand.

This year I did an upgrade myself. I picked up some used c&a skis. Like I said before, why go halfway... I am going to put 10's on the old girl.

Cheers :drinks: