bad day at the office !!!

groomer

I passed there twice on Saturday!!! It's la rivière des envies north of St-Tite just south from #23/#360 junction. A pic 24hr before the first one...

DSC00515_zpsa56c056c.jpg

Ok.... you think I had cracked the ice with my heavy venture????

Seriously I read on CMIQ that the driver is ok which is a very good news...

Edited by towing

I meant check the ice to see if it is safe for the Groomer to pass.

Hell i crossed that 2 weeks ago by sled.

I want to know if it was the first attempt to cross this year with groomer?

Seems it must have been. It sure was not groomed across there most years till much later.

Either way not a great move there.

I guess he won't be getting the groomer operator of the year award.

Damned good to hear the groomer is OK! That looks like a 5-ticket ride.

I'm sure they got the ribbons up pretty quick too. That'd be interesting for a sledder to deal with when dropping down off the river bank.

It sure explains why so many clubs do a 180 at river banks and have the next club take over, unless that's not really an option.

Groomer

Be careful at the office. We don't pics from the inside of the drowned groomer.

Gutz

hi gutz !!

sorry ,looks like i had nt see your post !!!

don t worry for that ...because of insurances...we re not allowed to go on ice !! you won t see fish in my pics !!!

btw,i read yesterday , the operator broke one window to get out !!

-36 c this morning !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh10.jpg

north of st tite toward st joseph the mekinac !!

jean-guy

I arrived at this spot just after nightfall 3 years ago and had to cross with it looking just like that except no groomer in the water. Snow-water-Ice bergs. We had just helped a Quebecoise group that was off the side of the trail prior to it and we were still on the far side when they rode up and decided they had had enough adventure for the night and turned around.

I arrived at this spot just after nightfall 3 years ago and had to cross with it looking just like that except no groomer in the water. Snow-water-Ice bergs. We had just helped a Quebecoise group that was off the side of the trail prior to it and we were still on the far side when they rode up and decided they had had enough adventure for the night and turned around.

hi actionjack !!!

your story reminds me a few bad nights riding on lakes while working for challenge-kanada !!

experiencing slush can be very '' rock 'n roll ''.....but never got stuck !!!

jean-guy

hi actionjack !!!

your story reminds me a few bad nights riding on lakes while working for challenge-kanada !!

experiencing slush can be very '' rock 'n roll ''.....but never got stuck !!!

jean-guy

4 years ago we rented a house on Lac Memphramagog. There was feet of snow and lots of slush on the lake. Our last 6 miles of the trip was from the north end vers South to where the house was and it was very nerve wracking! Couldn't get off that slush fast enough.

Challenge Kananda - hey your post made me look this up and I found something cool. Maybe this has been posted before?

http://www.bobpetit.com/images/histoire_sentiers_tq_et_fcmq.pdf