little help, well actually big help needed......

tamarac

I truly don't want to be writing this....

The tamarac is temporary closed..

Our competitor and the present owner have succeded in making us stop our activities at the tamarac in clova. Inspite of having a ''written promise of sell'' the present owner refuses to honnor this promise... We are looking for a good lawyer that will help us with this fight for our rights to own and run this hotel. We are working day and night to find a solution and in getting back in the saddle to be able to see all of you's this year, and keep giving the best service possible. If you can be of any help, contact me thru the quebecrider site, i don't know how long i'll have communications from here, but i can hook up from elsewhere.

thank you so very much and we hope, pray and are trying really hard to see you soon,

snowhite, big al and mo

p.s. our phone is cutoff, and so is our e-mail account.

sorry mr.mclean

Snow White and Al

Very sorry to hear this!

Can you please tell me, the location of my credit card number that I reserved with. Are you able to destroy that information?

Please let me know

Thanks,

Linda

Snow white and Al

Sounds like some dirty pool. we can start by avoiding clova like the swine flu!!! if your competitor or what i thought was a neighbor and associate sells no gas! no food! no rooms! no nothing he may realize being a nasty neighbor will create nasty old customers.

I have not had the pleasure of your hospitality but my friends have and thats why they all rave about spending time there.

maybe your competitor should get some advice from you instead of putting you out of buisiness. there is room for both of you in that one horse town.

best of luck let us know what we can do to help and ill start by riding around clova untill they honor their word or contract

CC

Well we need a good lawyer, we got an eviction notice (jan 10th), we will not comply, it is not a legal eviction, we are just stuck know because we don't know what to do next, can we operate, kitchen, bar, rooms.... i don't want to give them any material to use against us.....

Well we need a good lawyer, we got an eviction notice (jan 10th), we will not comply, it is not a legal eviction, we are just stuck know because we don't know what to do next, can we operate, kitchen, bar, rooms.... i don't want to give them any material to use against us.....

Get yourself a lawyer and talk guys

It's always tough to fit in a tight nit group. Myself coming for a small town finding that outsiders are usually recognized from the second generation and on providing the second generation is born and raised in town.

I'm sure its the same way in small town USA

Business can always find a way to work.

Good luck

JG

I wonder how much this has to do with the great early winter and prospects of a long winter riding season.

Sounds like you folks are great hosts and know how to run the place. Maybe you can find another place to run that wants you there, I'm sure you'll have a good following. These things never usually work out the way they should, I'm not suggesting you give up but if the current owner is that relentless you might be fighting a losing battle. Not sure how the legal system works up there but if you can at least consult with a local attorney you might get a very good idea on if you should proceed or not.

How much competition in Clova? I can think of only one other place in town,

Bingo

Same owner as Gas and Resto. So for all the Boycotters skip the gas there too and do not eat either.

Wow quite the drama in Clova! It never fails to give us a good story last year we had the knuckleheads parking on the RR tracks now regular soap opera. So if I get this story right the guy that owns the gas/resto and the auberge also owns the tamarac but someone else runs it???? Doesn't seem to make sense. Wasn't planning on heading that way this year but may have to change plans just to get the scoop. Did kind of think it was a bad spot for the gathering with few rooms and alot of traffic I could envision quite a few of poor sledders that never heard of Quebec rider having to ride into the night because of no rooms

I know the gas is a must. I was just saying to support Tamarac as some were saying they wanted to Boycot Clova. Can not do it if you are using 83. But if they want to Boycot then they can not use 83. Not realistic.

Believe me Dominic knows it too. He has the Market cornered there gas wise. I have met him and for sure seems nice to me. (but i am not a competitor i was a customer)

viper

I do not think Dominic owns Tamarac just the resto/gas and the Auberge Clova. i'm confused but they said "our competitor And the Present owner" not sure if he did buy it but I don't know. Sounds like 2 people. Dominic and the present owner of Tamarac.

Hows that saying go?

"this town's not big enough for the two of us."

viper

I do not think Dominic owns Tamarac just the resto/gas and the Auberge Clova. i'm confused but they said "our competitor And the Present owner" not sure if he did buy it but I don't know. Sounds like 2 people. Dominic and the present owner of Tamarac.

Hows that saying go?

"this town's not big enough for the two of us."

That is what I was thinking, I have stayed at both places I really liked both but it was nice to be able to eat,drink and sleep without going outside or getting on your sled. Rooms at the schoolhouse are a little more comfortable but do have to get on the sled to go eat. Dominic went out of his way to help us get some crippled sleds out of there 2 years ago and seemed like a good guy but who knows definitely need to gas there unless you gas at Parent then Balbuzard that may work for some

Edited by viper2

I think the Gathering spot is / was Val D'or.

Now with this issue in Clova (Carol and Al had an agreement with her relative ((Martin)) to buy from him the Tamarac, but now Dominic arrived with CASH and has bought it (from Martin ((out from under Carol and Al)) , evicting Carol and Al January 10th), I personally am not thinking its the best route to take to anywhere.

Not sure if Val D'or is on, must be a different way there without going to Clova, or lets pick a place for Saturday night and everyone can try to figure out how best to get there.

We can do it!

Linda

I think the Gathering spot is / was Val D'or.

Now with this issue in Clova (Carol and Al had an agreement with her relative ((Martin)) to buy from him the Tamarac, but now Dominic arrived with CASH and has bought it (from Martin ((out from under Carol and Al)) , evicting Carol and Al January 10th), I personally am not thinking its the best route to take to anywhere.

Not sure if Val D'or is on, must be a different way there without going to Clova, or lets pick a place for Saturday night and everyone can try to figure out how best to get there.

We can do it!

Linda

Another way to Val d'Or is out of mt.Laurier heading west through Parc de La Verendrye 1st stop La Domaine then the Indian reserve the Val d'Or. Clova can be avoided by taking the Chibougamau loop not so sure everyone will want to. Another return way would head west from Val d'Or to Rouyn south to Temisquaming and take the new trail heading down to Rapide des Joachins. If that is not ready then from Temiscquaming head east to outfitter La Verendrye and south to Rapide des Joachins. Just a thought I thought I could plug in for you. Big miles to avoid Clova.