l,etape to lac- edouard

smoky-10-5

Ice man is right. My brothers rode that trail last week. Breaking trail in 3ft of snow. They were getting ready to turn around and go back due to lack of signs and a sketchy river or creek crossing. Two locals showed up on RMK's. They had a gps track of the trail. They found a spot to cross and my brothers followed the RMK riders the rest of the way.

Ice man is right. My brothers rode that trail last week. Breaking trail in 3ft of snow. They were getting ready to turn around and go back due to lack of signs and a sketchy river or creek crossing. Two locals showed up on RMK's. They had a gps track of the trail. They found a spot to cross and my brothers followed the RMK riders the rest of the way.

See what you missed out on Alain!

Always an adventure.

Tom

See what you missed out on Alain!

Always an adventure.

Tom

Tom,

They had quite an adventure. Later that Saturday afternoon, my brother, Rich's sled went down to running on one cylinder. They cound not find the problem themselves and the skidoo dealers had already closed for the weekend. They spent the night in Hebertville. Next morning at 5am my brother, Marc left on the sled to go get the truck which was parked at Berthierville, near Sorel.

He was riding in frezzing sleet even though it was way below 0 degrees. The trails were heavily drifted with snow. He had a hard time staying on the trail even with his 137" Freeride. His electric shield could not keep up with the ice . He had to slow down and ride with his shield up. Meanwhile Rich was worried something had happened because he had not heard from Marc. He thought Marc would be back with the truck by late afternoon. Because of the conditions, Marc did not get back to the truck until 6:30 PM. Once he got there, they were able to communicate, so it all worked out OK.

Tom,

They had quite an adventure. Later that Saturday afternoon, my brother, Rich's sled went down to running on one cylinder. They cound not find the problem themselves and the skidoo dealers had already closed for the weekend. They spent the night in Hebertville. Next morning at 5am my brother, Marc left on the sled to go get the truck which was parked at Berthierville, near Sorel.

He was riding in frezzing sleet even though it was way below 0 degrees. The trails were heavily drifted with snow. He had a hard time staying on the trail even with his 137" Freeride. His electric shield could not keep up with the ice . He had to slow down and ride with his shield up. Meanwhile Rich was worried something had happened because he had not heard from Marc. He thought Marc would be back with the truck by late afternoon. Because of the conditions, Marc did not get back to the truck until 6:30 PM. Once he got there, they were able to communicate, so it all worked out OK.

That was some ride from Hebertville to Bertierville 5 am to 6:30pm given what you said about the conditions I believe Marc did real good time.

Ride'm like ya stole'm.

Yes, in spite of conditions, and a few wrong turns on the trail, he made pretty good time. He said 380 miles on the odometer.

Forgot to mention that when he left Hebertville he did not have much fuel. Arrived at MT. Apica at 6:30 AM to find it closed. He did not have enough fuel to get to Etape. He had to walk around in circles to stay warm at -22F until the

operator arrived at 8AM

Alain

Edited by mxsenior

The trail is there, marked on the ends but not groomed, there are tracks on it, not an "official trail for 2013/2014.

last year i rode up 23 from st. raymond to chicutml and some maps showed a trail from letape to lac edouard we never rode it but it had just snowed and did not want to take a chance i think it was local trail ( orange on some maps) can any one help thanks!!!!!!!!!!!1