FCMQ trail conditions

smclelan

X3 I figured I was the only one and didn't want to mention it and get blasted not sure why they did this but it's almost useless

Maintaining current trail conditions is a huge job, bigger than people realize and takes a lot of man power. I was speaking to someone at the FCMQ about it a couple weeks ago. They were trying this format to see how it works with someone else managing it.

maybe they used the same company that designed the obamacare website lol went and tried to use it and it worked poorly and could not get it into English looks like it could be great when running properly hope someone is working on it. im sure its nothing 6 or 800 million dollars cant fix

Just wanted to add instead of clicking the link that takes you to sled magazine scroll down and click on a club website for the area you want to go. It's not like before but better than the stars and green lights

I guess I'm missing something, what's wrong with the stars and green light? How much more info are you gonna get in a general check of conditions? Looks okay to me.

Well Dave it's hard to explain if you never saw the old setup. It just sucks it says this club... then some stars and a green or red light I am sure they will even throw in a yellow light. Need a little more info than that for us like trail numbers, why is it yellow or red what section of that club is bad what is good. I have no way of showing you the way it used to be but it is def. a step back :drinks:

Hey all, maybe greg du vermont can chime in here. He is on staff of sledmag I believe and hopefully can bring these complaints to the powers that be. Since this is a new thing this year it's undoubtedly a work in progress

No doubt, it's a thankless, virtually impossible task.

We almost had nothing as the FCMQ was giving up on their effort to provide current and accurate info. I have forwarded our feedback from the beginning and will continue to do so. Adjustments are being made to try and match the club names to more specific trail sections. Good current data from club members and groomers on the ground is there, we just need to take the time to dig deeper to match up the info to where we want to go. The local club links can be very helpful.

I'm really glad that this is not a task that I am involved with, because it seems impossible for any effort to be declared a total success.

For now, as far as I can tell, it's the best total Quebec resource out there. Use it to your best advantage, check QR for recent ride reports and ask fellow forum members.

It is definitely the goal of Motoneiges.ca and SledMagazine.com to present a system which is both doable and helpful.

Please keep the constructive feedback coming and explore the conditions section to try and make the most of the info and local connections that it currently offers.

Ride right, ride safe!