Gas station "Etape"

Daniel

From what I saw and heard on the news- It would appear the gas pumps where untouched and the owner was saying he should be able to pump gas by later today. The garage was reduced to ashes. No injuries reported. Supposedly the cause of the fire was a generator that had something fall on it.

Just found out that there was a fire at the gas station at l'Etape in the Parc des Laurentide. If you are planning to go up to Lac St-Jean make sure that you fill up before entering the parc until further notice.

A fire raged Wednesday evening at the station L'Etape, the rest stop located in the middle of the wildlife reserve the Laurentians, on Highway 175 between Quebec and Saguenay.

According to the TVA network, the station was on fire and motorists & snowmobilers were asked to fill before embarking on the wildlife reserve. There was no indication, however, that the main building was hit.

In September 2003, the main building, which is the single point of service on this route alone, had been completely destroyed by fire. A temporary building was then erected, pending the new Step, which was inaugurated in late 2005.

Each year, more than a million people stop at L'Etape.

You will need at least a 10 liter to go to the relay apica.....

At the local radio(CKRS 98.3) M. Champagne (the big Champagne) talk with the owner of the station which has burn at 8:30 am Thursday and M. Girard has confirmed that by the weekend there would be resumption of service pumps because nothing has been touched by the flames of this later. Only the garage is a total loss. Mr. Girard has promised the owner to notify the CKRS 98.3 fm radio to confirm the return of activities.

Bring gasoline just in case...that it's not yet open!! :pardon:

If you want other pictures taken by firefighters to go:

http://www.zone911.com/index.php?option=co...84&Itemid=1

I just consulted the media and .......they said that the pumps had not been affected and that will try to restore basic service in 48 hours. :wacko: Wow!!

I keep in touch!

According to FCMQ the trails from st raymond are now closed going that direction due to lack of fuel, and are not being groomed

I know that this is the Federation .... but do not trust they trail condition!

Go to the website of the snowmobile club in stead!

http://www.motoneigearrierepays.com/sentiers.html

SB 2006!

Switch............a group of us will be in the area this weekend. Couple Nytros and a new doo and couple Apex GTs. Keep and eye out for us and wave us down if you see us. Probably staying at the Arnold......look us up if you are around.

I ride 90% of the time on the south shore of Québec. In Chaudière-Appalache we have more or less 2700km of trails!

If you pass by the Massif, I can for sure look for you guys!

Have a nice & safe ride! :good:

SB 2006 :hi:

From the FCMQ on motoneige.ca

The snowmobile club St-Raymond (Trail 23) and the Association of snowmobilers the Backcountry (Trail 369) advise snowmobilers their respective paths linking the vast region of Quebec to Step remain closed until further order. Following a major fire which devastated the station of Step on the evening of Wednesday, December 12, it is currently impossible to buy food or gasoline diesel at this location.

Given the considerable distance to go, operators of the two clubs must make full gaz to Step before returning to their starting point in the Quebec region. Thus, as the supply of gasoline will not be restored, it will remain impossible to groome the 2 trails.

For obvious security reasons, we strongly advise all snowmobilers venture into the park as long as the grommers have not resumed service. :cray:

We also invite you to visit the "Association of snowmobilers the Backcountry'' website where you will be announced the reopening of its trails or on the FCMQ website.

Patience my friends! :sad:

I know that this is the Federation .... but do not trust they trail condition!

Go to the website of the snowmobile club in stead!

SB 2006!

I looked or tried to look but its not in English and I don't know the area very well.

Thanks to all that have been posting the great info and photos.

Bob

I looked or tried to look but its not in English and I don't know the area very well.

Thanks to all that have been posting the great info and photos.

Bob

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Because this is the only GAS by ROAD on the 175 from Sagueney to Quebec City, my guess is they'll have this station up within a week. 2 weeks at most.

The owner of the station Mr. Girard spoke on the radio today and confirms that there will not use gasoline for Snowmobilers before Monday or Tuesday morning. He should confirme. It's more complicated he thought.

If you decide to go anyway and I know for certain of you.... that this situation calls you, use caution because the trails are not grommed and made a large provision of gasoline before leaving.

I heard that the relais Apica is sold out in fuel! Do not count on that relay for gasoline!

I recommend that you wait a little before you go!

It announces that the pumps are in service since this morning ...

But you will have to pay in cash.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By Friday, cards will be accepted again......to be confirmed....

We did not have news from the club house for the opening of the trails!

http://www.motoneiges.ca/club/straymond

http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/english/Etat_sentier...0/%20Charlevoix

As soon as I have more news, I will come back!

SB 2006 :hi:

From Motoneige.ca as well as TQS Saguenay!!

Good news for snowmobilers: the service station to Step becomes operational from tomorrow. The snowmobile of the Wildlife Laurentian will be re-opened.

Following the fire on 12 December last year, the SÉPAQ has put in place emergency measures to enable road users 175 to access services to which they are accustomed. On the eve of holidays, it was necessary to act quickly. So they worked with the dealer the service station.

From 8:00 tomorrow morning, the seven gasoline pumps will work to ensure that motorists and snowmobilers can be full of gasoline or diesel. A temporary trailer 60 feet with a toilet, has also been installed. Coffee will also be available and towing services, as appropriate.

It is a pleasing news for the middle of the snowmobile. The link between the region and Quebec has now been restored, with the abundance of snow already received, it would have been a shame not to receive these visitors. The snowmobile trail 369, Lac Beauport to Step 23 and TransQuébec from Saint-Raymond were impassable since the fire.

The reopening of the service station also makes the grooming functional since they can now be ravitaillées gasoline.

:clapping::good::drinks: