Riding Partners for on/off trail in Mont Valin area

I know the area very well for trail and off trail. I usually stay at passion quebec and get their small apartment or lofts, reasonably priced and the owners are very nice, so i choose this place. Plus, i am in the works for a webcam for Passion Quebec to install very soon showing current conditions in the Monts!

some of my usual buds cant go away this year, i understand. I want to log some more time on my new summit and new 137 freeride! riding with a couple people is much more fun and safer than solo.

was up there 1 month ago, was Ok but my contacts up there now tell me its MUCH better for powder riding and trail riding!

I am done with bag trips, got out of that a couple years ago. day riding, not too much at night, no bar hopping or drinking on the trail either, just out for fun!

email me if interested ian.monsterperformance@gmail.com i do not come here daily to check messages

i am flexible to go anytime with some notice, usually 3.5 to 4 day trips (leave early here, ride a bit that day, 2 full days riding, back home 4 th day)

no 250 mile days by any stretch so you know, just not interested anymore in that.

i am located near saratoga,ny and could make space for one sled in back of truck OR if you have your own rig and friend and want to see some cool side trail, off trail fun up there we can have a good time!

Ian

Edited by monster performance

leaving soon with a pack of RMK's for some off trail fun in the Monts, probably no real loops or trail riding days this trip with these guys! they want to climb and get stuck a few times, all the fun.

southern quebec and gaspe has received alot of rain but the saguenay region fairs very well, more snow, little rain!

more trips this year I bet as the northeast looks like april outside now, 2 seasons ago i went North 9 or 10 times, never rode in the states, snow was crap.......hopefully this isnt the same type of season developing as the northeast has great riding in spots

i did, thanks! some pics below, no complaints. trails were b- to a+ in spots, off trail was about the same, so much fun

had a few conversations with ICEMAN, at the end of the day we seemed to find eachother at the restaurant. he shared his trail stories and i shared the off trail ones......although he had ONE off trail OOP's i think?

post-715-0-55321200-1390266798.jpg

post-715-0-11120000-1390266816.jpg

post-715-0-67075400-1390266827_thumb.jpg

post-715-0-27415100-1390266843_thumb.jpg

post-715-0-84922300-1390266857_thumb.jpg

post-715-0-89760200-1390266870_thumb.jpg

post-715-0-27795500-1390266886_thumb.jpg

i had a big off trail OOP's, came 20ft or so shy from leveling out a very steep climb out the lines. see the little sleds in the one pic, pretty far down there!

we had to dig a den of sorts in a very vertical part of this climb to spin the sled 180* without it speeding away down the hill into the tree's......sketchy but worked its way out.

side trails all around were great, soft, heavy snow. orange trails were excellent, 262/264/267

I had a few conversations with ICEMAN, at the end of the day we seemed to find eachother at the restaurant. he shared his trail stories and i shared the off trail ones......although he had ONE off trail OOP's i think?

Oh oh! Cats out of the bag Iceman.......do tell.

I just follwed a guys tracks in a whiteout heading for Onitchaway and he was "lets just say not on the right trail" well not on a trail. I damn sure know the XTX is no mountain sled. I knew it before and surely know it now. Nothing a Skandic and a stretchy rope can't handle.

Thanks Norman.

• 2 weeks later...

great riding weather this friday thru monday or tuesday, trying to get a couple people to go, may have 1 fiend, not sure yet

http://weather.gc.ca...l?qc-166&unit=i

2.5 full days of riding, primo deep snow on and off trail fun!

EMAIL or call me if interested

the cabin is fully equipped, sleeps 4 to 6 and is 50 to 75 per person per night depending on how many people come!

AND.......its the free weekend in quebec, so just a cheap 1 day pass and you are OK