A Couple Milage Questions

JimP

I am planning a saddle bag trip toward the end of Jan. Leaving from a chalet on Cabanon lake. Heading to Repo for lunch, on to Katawana. I know it is approx.135 miles. My question is how far from Katawana is it to the outfitter at Barrage Gouin? Planning on looping on the orange trail off 83 up to Gouin and heading to Clova. I have been through Clova before but never stayed there. Where is a good place to stay in Clova? I have read bits and pieces about the Gathering. Is it going to take place and if so where and when? Has anyone rode Lepine Road this year and will it be groomed or not? How far from Clova to Rabaska Lodge? Rabaska to Meekos? Meekos back to Cabanon - 319 to 63 to St.Michel?

Kanawata-barrage via south orange trail[closed this year] 82 miles.

Clova only one show in town now. Shell gas station Auberge Clova.

No gathering due Tamarac being taken over by Shell gas station.

Have not been west yet. Lepine rd conditions ?

Clova-Rabaska can't remember mileage easy on a tank.

Rabaska- meekos short ride.

Rabaska told this summer when I was there on atv that bridge is the property of Transport Quebec and that there was no definite plans to repair or reopen it.

Let's only hope 'cause riding up'n down the side of that river 2 1/2 Klms each way in 1-2 foot moguls is not pleasant.

The "sentier des draveurs" was supposed to be groomed for the 1st time this week (jan/6-jan/10). The iron bridge is shut down. Apparently they even built wooden fence. We need to go over the ice bridge again this year. I am going in that area in 2 weeks if mother nature cooperates.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. One of my riders had a bout with cancer a few years back and has never been on a saddlebag trip before. He is doing great and has done several daily loops of 100-125 miles with no problems. We want to try to keep our daily mileage somewhere around 125-150 so he doesn't get too tired and has to repeat each day. Since there is no place to stay in Clova and the bridge out on Lepine road with limited grooming, we are going to change up a little bit. Kanawata 1st night. Gouin outfitter for lunch (88mi.)Gouin to Parent 2nd night. How many miles from outfitter at Gouin back down orange trail adn2 to 83 to Parent? Would like to stay at L'ombre Du Vent. I know it depends on what is available but we always try to reserve or call ahead. Is it a nice place to stay? 2nd choice Hotel Central. We have had lunch there before but never stayed there. It looked a little rough a few years back but it was when all the loggers were in the area and staying there. 3rd day Parent to Notawissi for lunch (how many miles?)and on to Meekos (how many miles?)to spend 3rd night. 4th day back to Cabanon via 53-319-322-63-33. How many miles?

Depending on weather and conditions and which way we decide to go, I have a secondary trip as well. Is Safari still open? I haven't stayed there since the year after Barnard passed. Short ride first day to Safari or Comfort Inn in Shawinigan. 2nd day take Trail 3 to Ice Hotel. How many miles? I assume it is built this year? Anyone rode in that direction yet? Backtrack to 73 to St Raymond -stay at Rougemont. How many miles from ice hotel back to Rougemont? 3rd day up 73 to LaTugue ( milage?). We always stay at Motel9 in Latugue but was wondering about Club Odanak? Has anyone stayed there? 4th day back to Cabanon via 73-355-360-m20-345. How many miles?

Use this link for trail mileage, can't be any easier. http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html

We syaed at the Odanack last year, nice place but call to make sure there open. The Safari is open. You also have the Escapade in Shawinigan which is nice with bar and restaurant.

Edited by Jackstraw

Thanks to everyone for your responses. One of my riders had a bout with cancer a few years back and has never been on a saddlebag trip before. He is doing great and has done several daily loops of 100-125 miles with no problems. We want to try to keep our daily mileage somewhere around 125-150 so he doesn't get too tired and has to repeat each day. Since there is no place to stay in Clova and the bridge out on Lepine road with limited grooming, we are going to change up a little bit. Kanawata 1st night. Gouin outfitter for lunch (88mi.)Gouin to Parent 2nd night. How many miles from outfitter at Gouin back down orange trail adn2 to 83 to Parent? Would like to stay at L'ombre Du Vent. I know it depends on what is available but we always try to reserve or call ahead. Is it a nice place to stay? 2nd choice Hotel Central. We have had lunch there before but never stayed there. It looked a little rough a few years back but it was when all the loggers were in the area and staying there. 3rd day Parent to Notawissi for lunch (how many miles?)and on to Meekos (how many miles?)to spend 3rd night. 4th day back to Cabanon via 53-319-322-63-33. How many miles?

The trail 13 from Scott to Notawissi may be closed, check with club (or take local down to St Anne which I think is the re route) ....I am doing the same route next week!

Just to clear up some confusion Jim, there IS gas,rooms and food in Clova still. Only the Tamarac is closed as of now

The trail 13 from Scott to Notawissi may be closed, check with club (or take local down to St Anne which I think is the re route) ....I am doing the same route next week!

it was open as of january 8th...look for piteman snowmobile club.

http://www.woodrunnertrail.ca/trails-condition.html

MIdrange I was going by the FCMQ map that currently shows that section not maintained yet!

I checked with other sections on the same map that i will be riding and they are correct (closed, rerouted, no snow) just never confirmed this one in question because i am not taking it.

Need someone to ride it and report!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Question here....

what`s the mileage Roberval-St-Raymond via 355 thru lac bouchette.

also st-raymond to colibri motel via TQ 73

Chateau Roberval To St Raymond Hotel Roquemont using LT2 at Relais trappeur to reach 73 and thru rivere pierre on 73 is 315km

To Motel Colibri via 73 and 3 is 50km from Roquemont St Raymond

Chateau Roberval To St Raymond Hotel Roquemont using LT2 at Relais trappeur to reach 73 and thru rivere pierre on 73 is 315km

To Motel Colibri via 73 and 3 is 50km from Roquemont St Raymond

thanks Iceman!!

Don't you just love viaexplora.com

sure.....http://www.viaexplora.com/index_en.html can be very handy.

One other milage question I remember reading it somewhere here but can't seem to pick on where.

What is the milage from St.Raymond to Mt.Apica? Skipping Le Tape.

Edited by Trailblazer