Trail Conditions 2014

Saguenay Bill

Well said Iceman...maybe even less than 1.5. The should be standard set.

I remember back in the day a trail riding sled with a 3/4 lug track was a hot item. Today the most popular track lug on the trail is a 1.25".[/quote)

I am tired

I meant 1.25" maximum, thats it-thats all. No exceptions and make it a big fine. First offense $500, simple. Change the fine print on trail pass papers to say what is allowed and when you sign for your pass you agree. Violators lose trail privileges(pass) also.

Yup sounds good.

Edited by iceman

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived with Bill in paradise,, cold out and looks great around here. Sled is in the coral, breakfast at 6:30 and trails at 8-8:30. Groomer just left out front of DeLTA,

Till Thursday!!!!! :clapping:

Hi Dale and Wayne

Thur am in uk , we fly 4 pm, so hope to meet you all at breakfast fri . Can't wait !!!

Pat and Gary

I call those guys trail side boon dockers

They don't have the balls to get out of site of the trail

Did they also have a jerry can strapped to the sled

What a joke

The guys I'm talking about zig-zag back & forth across the trail & shoot a big roost back onto the trail when they in get the "deep" snow just off the trail leaving big mounds that can freeze up & create a hazard

This past trip I've also saw a lot of trail riders that leave a big pile of snow when they start out.

I don't know why either type of rider doesn't realize that big mound of snow they leave behind won't be a problem for other riders...or maybe I do know why...it's the all about me attitude

Well said Iceman...maybe even less than 1.5. The should be standard set.

I remember back in the day a trail riding sled with a 3/4 lug track was a hot item. Today the most popular track lug on the trail is a 1.25".[/quote)

I am tired

I meant 1.25" maximum, thats it-thats all. No exceptions and make it a big fine. First offense $500, simple. Change the fine print on trail pass papers to say what is allowed and when you sign for your pass you agree. Violators lose trail privileges(pass) also.

Yup sounds good.

I was "stuck" behind a group of 4 riders last week going from Valdor to Temiscaming, one on the a-holes in there group floored his sled after every stop sign and coming around every turn destroying what was fresh groomed snow. Another in the group had monster looking grater blades on his skis that also made following him a major pain in the ass and his sled was half on it's side in just about every turn. Can't fix morons like this no mattter what the "rules". I do like the track heigth limit but it would be real hard to enforce....but it's a deterrent at least. Fascinates me when in town I often see a local "Johnny Rocket" ripping around with his loud exhaust and mohawk on the helmet, you would think the neighbors of him would have thrown his sled in the lake by now.

I've been running2 inch paddle s all over Quebec for over 12 years they dont rip the trail up with the right throttle control short tracks spinning in the soft make quick work of a trail combined with the blair Morgan want a be,s.

Most tall lugs are soft ply they fold over on them selves on packed trails or at least the past 10 rmk I've owned

I've been running2 inch paddle s all over Quebec for over 12 years they dont rip the trail up with the right throttle control short tracks spinning in the soft make quick work of a trail combined with the blair Morgan want a be,s.

Most tall lugs are soft ply they fold over on them selves on packed trails or at least the past 10 rmk I've owned

Sorry to keep off-topic here, but... Here here. Guns don't kill people, and that spoon didn't make me fat. Some riders either just don't understand or just don't care. Unfortunately, the first cures that come to my mind are kinda illegal.

Sorry to keep off-topic here, but... Here here. Guns don't kill people, and that spoon didn't make me fat. Some riders either just don't understand or just don't care. Unfortunately, the first cures that come to my mind are kinda illegal.

Ya ok. I see many saying that guy that sled etc. The Issue with that way of thinking is once you say you yes you and yours no it is the end. Next one might not like yamahas sporting stuffed animals on front (they should not be on the same trail the rider might be off balance or something) I dont think you like that kind of slope either.

I do feel the about me is the biggest issue but, we also have more cross over sleds going down the trail then 12 years back. More over the short tracks many have paddel lugs stock as well. I like riding both on and off trail. But the right place and right time. I dont think the v. mount. is the right place all the time imo. Funny thing is most places you need the trail passage just to get to the off trail side roads. So what are different riders to do?

Thats all Bill how was your ride?

Edited by rmk

My riding has been great. Only rode 90 miles today. Left at 9:30, stopped for coffee at a sugar house, lunch in Ferland and coffee at Bec See. Ferland's lunch was very good but the place was jammed. Must of been 30 sleds in there. Lot of old iron out on the trails today. Most traffic I've seen in a single day this year. Free weekend brings out the old iron for sure. New maple sugar operation pictures.

Tank for RO sap water

post-2-0-55498100-1391910853_thumb.jpg

Evaporator

post-2-0-61091300-1391910912_thumb.jpg

Posting some pics from todays and yesterdays ride doing the loop to the ferry , Coronet and thru MT. Valin and back with Bill at the Delta.

Found some great sledder and sled shots...

post-71-0-49922100-1391912420_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-20749600-1391912446_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-70338500-1391912473_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-23365600-1391912504_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-62866500-1391912532_thumb.jpg

Ya ok. I see many saying that guy that sled etc. The Issue with that way of thinking is once you say you yes you and yours no it is the end. Next one might not like yamahas sporting stuffed animals on front (they should not be on the same trail the rider might be off balance or something) I dont think you like that kind of slope either.

I do feel the about me is the biggest issue but, we also have more cross over sleds going down the trail then 12 years back. More over the short tracks many have paddel lugs stock as well. I like riding both on and off trail. But the right place and right time. I dont think the v. mount. is the right place all the time imo. Funny thing is most places you need the trail passage just to get to the off trail side roads. So what are different riders to do?

Thats all Bill how was your ride?

Yup. We're on the same page. It's not about more rules. Just more education and more respect for others. (And yes, definitely: "off balance or something" over here!)

I was "stuck" behind a group of 4 riders last week going from Valdor to Temiscaming, one on the a-holes in there group floored his sled after every stop sign and coming around every turn destroying what was fresh groomed snow. Another in the group had monster looking grater blades on his skis that also made following him a major pain in the ass and his sled was half on it's side in just about every turn. Can't fix morons like this no mattter what the "rules". I do like the track heigth limit but it would be real hard to enforce....but it's a deterrent at least. Fascinates me when in town I often see a local "Johnny Rocket" ripping around with his loud exhaust and mohawk on the helmet, you would think the neighbors of him would have thrown his sled in the lake by now.

I really wanted to get the pony tail one! lol

Today, bridgebuilder, Wayne, no hair, short hair, sno mo gary and I started to do the "Tour du Lac St Jean". Got 45 miles out and had two sled problems. Wayne AC had an electrical issue and short hair's SD had a mechanical issue. So we regrouped over coffee. Bridgebuilder came back to the Delta to pickup his truck and trailer while Snomogary, no hair and I when on riding, but not around the lake. Had lunch at Lac Labrecque and then afternoon coffee at ScoobyRaid.

While at Lac Labrecque caught a little eye candy. Rode 175 miles on great trails.

post-2-0-56801200-1391987926_thumb.jpg

TBSP. ???

Bill,

Chris and I stopped by to see you at the Delta on 1/28 but you were on tour. Anyhow glad all is well with you, take care Bill

Pipeman

Hi Wes

Sorry I missed you and Ike. Would have liked to see you. It's been too many years since our last meet.

Bill

Today Mr GutZ and Wayne took their machines to Spence and Evasion Sport for repairs. Mr GutZ's turned out to be a spark plug came apart, porcelain seperated from the metal threads. Wayne's problem turned out to be water in the gas. So nohair and I left out about 11A for a 125 miles ride. Trails were perfect.

Edited by Saguenay Bill