Trail Conditions 2014

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add some pics from todays ride, Shooter we will be at SCORES Tuesday for dinner, it is loaded with SBTPs....

One more day left in paradise,

Trails here today all great, saw wide load groomer up on 93.

post-71-0-09599300-1392088729_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-08582200-1392088756_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-33431400-1392088796_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-12273500-1392088855_thumb.jpg

Bridgebuilder,

While you were out playing I went and got some sweets from your wife :-)

schooter

Today, Mr GutZ and I rode 170 miles. All trails were very good. They had just been groomed or were being groomed. I rode No Hairs sled up to Spence this AM as it needs a tuneup. He was not feeling well. Mr GutZ picked me up and then we started our ride.

Pics from Pickle Park Hill

post-2-0-42155000-1392251039_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-28440600-1392251098_thumb.jpg

Yesterday Mr Gutz nohair and I rode 150 miles. Went to Mont Apicia for lunch. Back in the 60's the USA built a DEW Line station on top of Mont Apicia. To find out what the DEW Line was do a search. A local told me that there is a move on to make the trail run up to the top of Mont Apicia. and that on a clear day you can see Mont Valin from there.

Pic of where the DEW Line station was locatedt on top of Mont Apicia

post-2-0-17055300-1392374311_thumb.jpg

Every time I read about these unbeleiveable accomplishments by the men + women of 'The Greatest Generation', I am in awe. I am not sure we could do it now because of our loss of manufacturing and engineering expertise.

How far we have fallen -

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Very interesting read. Thanks Bill.

Just amazing what they did in such short time.

mike

They could accomplish amazing things when you didn't have the department of environment criqueing every move. The beauracy in projects now cost incredible dollars and considerable time.

Yesterday Team GutZ, Team Biteharder and I rode 150 miles. Went to where WW II was won, Pickle Park Hill, look out on Bras Louis. lunch at Onatchiway and The Cave. Nohair's 600 ETec dropped a cylinder but he limped it back to the Delta. Trails were very very good.

Today I had an interview with a Public Relations crew who i9s working with Tourisme Saguenay at 8AM. Team Gutz and I left at 10AM, met Jack and Sandi at Relais du Lac for lunch. Team Gutz and I got back at 3PM. They wanted to load up as they are heading home in the AM. I put new rear shoes on my horse, hyfaxs with Team Gutz"s help.

At the Cave

post-2-0-00278900-1392516077_thumb.jpg

Team Biteharder getting our carbides ready

post-2-0-54763300-1392516280_thumb.jpg

We made it home. Had a great week even with catastrophic engine failure. Trails are great and the people even better. The pics from pickle park hill aka "Broke back mountain" don't do it justice. have to see it for yourself; awesome! Don't have pics of my own because that broke to.

Dave

team gutz

We made it home. Had a great week even with catastrophic engine failure. Trails are great and the people even better. The pics from pickle park hill aka "Broke back mountain" don't do it justice. have to see it for yourself; awesome! Don't have pics of my own because that broke to.

Dave

team gutz

Hi Dave great to see and ride with you & Don , glad you got home safe , we both love sitting and talking with you guy's hope to see you next year all the best

Pat & Gary

Yesterday revct1, revct2 and myself did the "Tour du Lac St-Jean". Weather was great, trails were great as well. The 6 long lakers left with us and then headed up to Chibougamau.

This morning was maintenance day. Jack had to replace a headlight in Sandi's sled and I had to change the oil in mine. After a great lunch here at the Delta we rode 130 miles on freshly groomed trails.

View of Mont Valin from 383

post-2-0-03160700-1392688446_thumb.jpg

Anybody know this guy? Clues as follows.

attachicon.gifSnowmobiling 2014 006.JPG

attachicon.gifSnowmobiling 2014 005.JPG

attachicon.gifSnowmobiling 2014 007.JPG

I know he is a guide. I met him at Roquemont in January. Had a group and they were leaving for Lac Blanc. I did not get his name butI am not great with names. But I know he guides. Had a pretty big group. And he does the stand in the road and wave the group across one by one. He was telling one to stop but i guess they did not understand cause the one had a close call by the gas at Roquemont.