RIDE WHEN YOU CAN, DON'T PLAN!

lindasledgirl

hi !!

posted on french forum.....trails will re-open when cold temps will come back !!!

jean-guy

The Lake is the "Life line" there ,so it needs to re freeze, they don't want everyone getting stuck in the slush out there!

Years ago I crossed lake and it was one sheet of ice, no studs....just swinging side to side at 10 miles an hour!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lake is the "Life line" there ,so it needs to re freeze, they don't want everyone getting stuck in the slush out there!

Years ago I crossed lake and it was one sheet of ice, no studs....just swinging side to side at 10 miles an hour!

hi mcstar !!!

aaaaaaaaaahhh !!! thx for info !!!very appreciated !!!

don t know much that area !!

jean-guy

BJ,

Thats got to be at least 12 hours. I picked up our puppy in Michigan and it took me 12 hours one way from North Jersey and the UP was at least another 2-3 hours. It was in feb and there where alot of trailers headed north.

BJ,

What's up .... it's about 13 hours and 850 miles, And yes I'm driving solo and meeting five others in Hulbert then we are saddle bagging across the whole top of th U P from Paradise to Ontonagon ,Lake Gogebic area then heading up to copper Harbor I have done this before 4 to 5 times and have never been disappointed in the U P ...The trails up there are Impeccable they groom all the time " they might even be better than Quebec " yes I said that ... lol believe me I wouldn't be going if I thought it wasn't going to be good ! I leave next wednesday morning around 1am .. Giddy Up !!! :drinks:

It's all part of the adventure!

Unfortunately I am out of commission for the season after a C 5 C 6 disectomy and fusion yesterday for a herniated disc from a rear ender on 78 W

Been battling for over a year and finally gave up....feel better already!

Mouth is watering for next year as it's time for a new sled.....

Keep me in mind for next year as most of us live within such a close proximity!

Happy Trails

Unfortunately I am out of commission for the season after a C 5 C 6 disectomy and fusion yesterday for a herniated disc from a rear ender on 78 W

Happy Trails

BJ.

Good luck with the recovery. Had a ball riding with you to the gathering in the Gaspie.

Your always welcome to come along for the ride!

mcstar...that's too funny. Last year I tried to ride the lake trail and about 50 yards onto it I started spinning in circles No studs either and was sliding sideways. Got off the lake asap and got back on tera firma.

BJ.

Good luck with the recovery. Had a ball riding with you to the gathering in the Gaspie.

Your always welcome to come along for the ride!

Happy Trails

BJ ... Rest up my friend .. Next year will plan something great for the new Ride

Happy Trails

Hi BJ!

I look forward to hearing that you are ready for Mont Valin Dec 6th, 2014!

Maybe you would like to join one of our ice fishing adventures? It's not as good as snowmobiling...but its still pretty good!

Take care of yourself!

Linda

Will do Crazysnow ..hope to meet up with you...and no you are not the only crazy one ... I also do what i have to do ...jumped on a plane out west to ride early lol good times when there is snow lol

Mike

This just might be the Icing on the Cake. :-)

I've been in the same boat for 1 1/2 year now but I'm only 45 and refuse to give in to fusion. Only thing that helps is chiropractor for short term relief. I wish you the best of luck! I know exactly where your coming from.

Crazysnow I was there the week before Christmas and it was great! Stayed in Grand Marais went over to paradise, had lunch at the falls, and then over to munising. Over 360 miles in two days. Going to Quebec feb 7th to the 16th. If you are up there then let me know maybe we can meet up for day of riding?

2000 km of heaven...It was everything you said and more. Thanks so much Crazysnow!! You did a great job!

Linda and Crew

post-875-0-08360600-1391224766_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-93697800-1391224767_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-67076300-1391224777_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-25993800-1391224784_thumb.png

Nice pics there guys, can you give us a little insight about the trails, conditions, signage and an overall on the trail network over there, how does it compare to QC?

Last pic reminds me of the Gaspe.

Signs were great! Trails were perfect!! It was like they sent the groomer out just before we left the hotels. There were two bumps in 2000km!! Ok...maybe 3! The trail network is simple and sweet.

It was not as scenic as the Gaspe mountains, but the trails were as good, maybe better. And the gas was 1/2 price, beer $2 and accomodations were usually less than $50 pp.

The permit for the year is $45!!

I will be back, soon!

Linda

Signs were great! Trails were perfect!! It was like they sent the groomer out just before we left the hotels. There were two bumps in 2000km!! Ok...maybe 3! The trail network is simple and sweet.

It was not as scenic as the Gaspe mountains, but the trails were as good, maybe better. And the gas was 1/2 price, beer $2 and accomodations were usually less than $50 pp.

I will be back, soon!

Linda

Ok take it easy on me Linda those numbers are real-ling me in especially the 2$ beer, on my bucket list.

I will be back, soon!

Hmm that's not a long drive from my cabin. Cheap

Linda

Thanks so much Linda .. You are such a good person you don't know someone until you ride with them for a week that's my rule ...

What a good time I had ... I was glad I got to show you guys something New. Linda you Rock. See you soon my friend !

Edited by crazysnow