how many km per hour?

chris1v

When you folks plan a trip on Via Explora what do you set your speed at? I'm looking for an average. How long does it take you to travel every 200 km driving at fast enough pace stopping for gas and food. With the scale set at 50km it looks like every 100km would take 2hrs. This seems long or is that right?How long would it take you to get to roberval leaving from La Tuque?

We plan on 50 km per hour average. After you factor in stops etc it usually is in the 50 km per hour range. There are trails where you can average a higher speed but we usually just plan on the 50 km and it normally is very close.

Andy

Agreed 50klm/hr would be a fair estimate

IMG_0669 (Medium).JPG

Those are good numbers. I try to snap my trip computer everyday. Funny you think you are flying but average 30mph. We are almost always 6 or more so even making a 30 mph average can be tough at times.

We always look at it like this if you start at 7 am and ride at a pretty good pace and factor in gas, food, and other breaks at the end of the day 300 miles (or 500 km) is a pretty good day so yes if you average 30mph you are doing good.

It is so true. You feel like you're flying down the trail and "at the end off the day" it is 30 MPH.

It feels good to hear other riders agree. I know sometimes, some conditions you get a better day in but 30 MPH / 50 KPH is the typical.

Jack & Sandi

• 1 month later...