Lenaudiere

timbo

Lenaudiere

Krissy & I arrived at Montagne Coupee (St. Jean de Mathe) mid afternoon. After the obligatory jug screw, we hit the trails and did 90 miles before returning for the checking-in stuff.

gotta say I was impressed how well the trails had held up. Had an inch or more of new, overnight, and though there was ice in the occasional corner, there was plenty of snow on the trails and we enjoyed a fine ride. Up to la Glacier, with the exception of a couple of skinny road crossings, nice ride. In most open areas there is still 2', plus, on the ground.

Will report more tomorrow eve, after we do a bigger loop.

it's all good. Don't lay in the hooch, get out and ride your snowmobile! See to your kit. Gird-up your genitillia, and explore a winter wonderland in la belle province!

timbo

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the updates

Sounds like the cold weather fixed things right up. From the looks of things there's a few minor weather systems to roll through giving a couple inches here and there. Should help.

Timbo....Thanks for the report. How long are you staying at Montagne Coupee? What trails did you run to Glaciere? 63? Did you run past Bazinete? So it sounds like trails are more than rideable. No reason for me to cancel trip up next Saturday in your opinion?

I assume MXZ700RIDER you either can not read or don't trust what has been posted about conditiions ,etc..on here??? You keep asking or wanting the same damn info and questions that have been answered time and time again... Some directly to your posts,, but you turn around and request the same info on the very same day,, it is like you don't hear them or don't trust info posted... Direct honest answers and trust is what makes this site great,,,, You have the right to post all over this board ( for which you have done with repeated same questions and comments) but don't keep acting like a first grader.. use some common sense,,,,, Like when you you asked,,, "what is the trail conditions going to be like in two weeks" ?? this is directly from one of your posts,,,How can that be answered?? Weather conditions change dude,, Next time, hit the 'ENGAGE BRAIN' button before posting some of your questions. Simply read a little,, do your homework and 90% of your questions are answered,,,,

Yes they held up very well! I was sure impressed as I did not expect them to be near that good. There is a base in this area that should last well into March. Enjoy your time up there. Sharon & I sure had a good time.

Timbo, if you spot 3 sloppy Americans by the pool, or in the dining room at 7:30 it is us. Nice joint Coupee! Can`t wait to ride a nice warm-dry garaged sled in the am.

Trail 23 from Shawini was 8`s (some hard-frozen berms in some corners, that`ll be fine after a scraping) until we dropped down M10 to 345? then all 10`s, over to Cabanon for lunch, a bit more traffic near there but no where near what we expected from the amount of trucks in their lot, then down 23 to Mtn Coupee.

There`s nuthin like the bourbon from a trail-frozen saddel bag! But we`re still wondering what`s with the jug screw?!

Timbo, if you spot 3 sloppy Americans by the pool, or in the dining room at 7:30 it is us. Nice joint Coupee! Can`t wait to ride a nice warm-dry garaged sled in the am.

Trail 23 from Shawini was 8`s (some hard-frozen berms in some corners, that`ll be fine after a scraping) until we dropped down M10 to 345? then all 10`s, over to Cabanon for lunch, a bit more traffic near there but no where near what we expected from the amount of trucks in their lot, then down 23 to Mtn Coupee.

There`s nuthin like the bourbon from a trail-frozen saddel bag! But we`re still wondering what`s with the jug screw?!

David

Nice meeting you guys last evening. I surely appreciated the tequila!

Yesterday we rode the 341, 345, 43, 3 and 63. We had 2" of new snow when we took-off in the morning. 5F at 9AM. Trails from 6 to 10. Still icy in corners here and there. Ran into 3 groomers during the afternoon and evening. Was -5F when we got back to the Coupee. TQ 3 was perfecto on our way back, just groomed.

-16F at present. We're out the door.

Timbo

That's mucho baddo news for that area, Andyman. Might make things real interesting the next time we ride thru, eh? Where would we find a snow bank high enough to load sleds into a box-truck, lol?

Seems you Timbo and PlayHard have a very good time there :spiteful:

I think to you this morning when I hit the starter and my truck barely start... forecast are the same for tonight in the -30C........Brrrrrrrrrrrr

You are real ones :good:

:drinks:

Alain

Yup we knew it would be cold this week. So we got ahead of Murphy's Law and put in block warmers. And of course we didn't need them! (May be cold in two weeks?)

We've seen only perfect trails this week. Except a 10 detour in St Felix to fix fuses/shield wires at that VERY professional Yami dealer.

Then last night the 63 north of St Michelle to Lac Touro was pretty lumpy. Not the worst, but not as smooth as the rest of the region. Then when I was noodling about posting, I was going to write that the trail would probably be groomed by the time anyone reads this, and around the next corner?... THE GROOMER! Gotta love Quebec.

Auberge Lac Tauro back to Shawini today. Hopefully the 360 over Mastigouche isn't too beat up.