Trip Report in Progress

Jackstraw

Dennis said hi, What happened to ya this season ?

Was only kidding when I said you can't ride with us

until you get a new sled LoL!

Just taking a break...Have to see what is on offer this Spring and go from there.

Day 6 after leaving the chalets spa we deceided to take the 355 down instead of the 23

83 freshly groomed to the 355. Right before lac brochettes I clipped a stump bending the tie rod toeing the right ski out which made for a uncomfortable ride down to lac eduard . 355 in good. Shape but real soft, won't hold up with the traffic.

After lunch took a log and hammered the tie rod back into shape. Dam. What a difference!

Took the lt2 trail by relais trappeur down to the 73 to st Raymond and the Roquemont .

A lot of sleds headed North and the trail where showing it, especially in the Corners,

Icy. Quick stop at Dion motors to realign the ski and all is good. Back to the truck in Shawinigan tommorrow .

Defenetly more snow to the North and less ice. That's it for now.

Last day,

Ran into Andyman and SmClelan at the Rouqmont in the morning at breakfast. They where headed to latuque to meet Timbo the. Onto relais 22 for the night. We dropped down to the 302 from the 73 and ran along the river to avoid the weekend traffic. I think everyone who had a sled in Quebec was out riding! 302 -351 where great less sleds and flat as could be. Lunch at relais de station, where we found all the sleds. Now back at the Escapade for the drive home in the morning.

1509 miles of flat trails except for Valins. Met some great people and enjoyed the great Canadian hospitality.

Will be back up in 3 weeks for the gathering and another week of riding!

Rolled into the roquemont at about 11am after a quick 120 miles. Probably passed you on the 351. 1580 miles total. The base is amazing, as are the trails. Just stay away from Monts Valin.

Too bad I didn't know smclelan was at the roquemont, I would have stopped in, he was probably still in the shower at 11am...and it's a good thing he didn't know my truck was in the parking lot...