Trail and fuel Suggestions

Catmandoo

Coming up later next week and doing a couple loops. I will be based out of Shawinigan staying the first night at the Four Points Sheraton, Quebec City then Roberval back to Shawinigan before heading over to Lac Taureau and back. My questions are around fuel stops between Quebec City and Roberval and Fuel between Roberval and La Tuque? I was told L Etape has fuel and if it's easy to get to I should be in good shape. Is it easy to find and are there other options? Coming back to Shawinigan through La Tuque is my next question? Should I go 355 or 83 - 73 to La Tuque? The western route in longer but being a Trans-Quebec trail should be faster? Better yet what trail would be a better experience? If I go west there is fuel at Relais 22 which should work. If I take 355 I believe there is gas at Domaine Lac Edward and Lac Bouchette? Sorry for all the questions but in past trips I always did day trips and this time we want to see more of Quebec's trails especially a bit north. The Lac Taureau leg has plenty of options. is there anything that I should not miss? I look forward to hearing everyone thoughts.

Fuel in l'Etape is pretty easy are you going up 369 or 23?

From 369 you arrive at an intersection (go straight to get gas in l'Etape) then return and to continue on 23 would be a right turn then cross the rt 175 and you come to a T right is to Lac St Jean 23 north, left is 23 south St Raymond.

From 23 coming north from St Raymond you arrive at intersection and go right then cross rt 175 at next intersection(369) there you go left to gas and return back to intersection go right then cross road and go right to continue up 23 north

Relais Mt Apica north of l'Etape on 23 also has fuel. But is a stretch depending on your sled.

For La Tuque is really up to you. i like the 355 to Lac Edouard with gas in Lac Bouchette (trail passes right thru) and in Lac Edouard.

83 to 73 is good too but is longer No doubt not faster.. Gas there at Relais 22. 83/73 is quite twisty in many spots and not that fast really. Just my 2cents.

Edited by iceman

Fuel in l'Etape is pretty easy are you going up 369 or 23?

From 369 you arrive at an intersection (go straight to get gas in l'Etape) then return and to continue on 23 would be a right turn then cross the rt 175 and you come to a T right is to Lac St Jean 23 north, left is 23 south St Raymond.

From 23 coming north from St Raymond you arrive at intersection and go right then cross rt 175 at next intersection(369) there you go left to gas and return back to intersection go right then cross road and go right to continue up 23 north

Relais Mt Apica north of l'Etape on 23 also has fuel. But is a stretch depending on your sled.

For La Tuque is really up to you. i like the 355 to Lac Edouard with gas in Lac Bouchette (trail passes right thru) and in Lac Edouard.

83 to 73 is good too but is longer No doubt not faster.. Gas there at Relais 22. 83/73 is quite twisty in many spots and not that fast really. Just my 2cents.

Seems like your 2 cents may be worth a Looney on this site.

Yup! Definitely don't be put off by the "greens". 369 from QC to Letape is an excellent trail and so is 355 from Bouchette thru Latuque and down to St Joseph.

23 is more direct from Shawini to Taureau, but we dropped down to the greenies last week (349, 350, 343, then 360 back) and they rocked.

I appreciate everyones comments. The greens it is! As for the gas I don't want to leave anything to chance. Yes, two of the sleds will have extra fuel but it gets awfully lonely after dark. Last question, and I know it's a few days away, how can the forecast be calling for frozen precipitation and not snow when the daily highs are 10 F?