Where am I? Trail quiz.

rob

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New-Brunswick? Close to Pointe-à-la-Croix?

HDen

That's it! As you leave Pointe-à-la-Croix to the west on TQ5 and just crest the first big hill, there is a lookout that is about a half mile off on the right. Picture was taken from there. :good:

Here is one for ya......

What about this one.....

Here is a good one....the wife was rather fond of this one... :pardon:

First two are on trail 23 and 3 were they converge for a while. First one is the bridge that crosses a small gorge, I cant remember them name but it looks like a recreational area. The second one is a small warming hut / relais after you cross the rail road tracks (it is kinda hidden...way off to the side of the main trail). We took these on the way to the Ice Hotel.

The funny totem pole is located on trail 318 out of Shawningan area on the way to the Sacacomie Lodge.

First two are on trail 23 and 3 were they converge for a while. First one is the bridge that crosses a small gorge, I cant remember them name but it looks like a recreational area. The second one is a small warming hut / relais after you cross the rail road tracks (it is kinda hidden...way off to the side of the main trail). We took these on the way to the Ice Hotel.

The funny totem pole is located on trail 318 out of Shawningan area on the way to the Sacacomie Lodge.

If the trails were like in the US, I might have seen some of these things :) I've been on those trails at least four different times and those pics dont ring a bell.

Here is one for ya......

Portneufouest. Its on trail 23, we were on our way to the hotel deglace? (Ice hotel) from Sawinagin.

Its some sort of park or conservation area, they had a donation bucket on one of the poles.

Portneufouest. Its on trail 23, we were on our way to the hotel deglace? (Ice hotel) from Sawinagin.

Its some sort of park or conservation area, they had a donation bucket on one of the poles.

Yep....that is the name of it...I could not remember for sure. Here is pic for the other direction with the wood building in the background.

that's on TQ93 a few miles east of the 328 jct. Trail crosses the river on the car bridge and then scoots up the hill to the right. Right?

Correct. The river is the Shipshaw. Once you get up the hill, it's wide-open in the field. Here it is from another angle :)

that's on TQ93 a few miles east of the 328 jct. Trail crosses the river on the car bridge and then scoots up the hill to the right. Right?

Correct.....Rob you probably been by there a 100 times... :good:

is it (AutoRoute)175? taken from 23?

Gutz

This one will be tough... :sad:

The pic was taken April 14, 2007, looking NW.

I am under the power lines on the top of the mountain.

Where is it and what is the autoroute number? :pardon:

HDen

is it (AutoRoute)175? taken from 23?

Gutz

Yes, it's the #175 road going to Saguenay, about 20 miles North of Stoneham.

Pic was not taken from trail #23 but from an off-trail ride under the power lines.

HDen